[Hiring] Analytics Engineer at Adaptavist
Date PostedOctober 11, 2023
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
Some of our global benefits include;
– Unlimited Holiday
– Pension matching up to 5%
– Employee assistance programme
– Udemy Online Learning
– Volunteer Days
– Flexible working hours
– Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
– Season ticket loan
– Eye Care Vouchers
– Life Assurance
– Income Protection Scheme
– Private Medical with Bupa
– Bring your dog to work
– Adaptavist Rewards
About the role
The role of an Analytics Engineer is to provide technical expertise and development skills in order to support data driven activity and decision making within the wider Organization.
Working closely alongside colleagues within the internal data team, composed of talented Data Analysts,Data Engineers and Data Scientists the role will have the opportunity to drive how insights and analysis are used to solve business critical problems, aid decision making and shape the way forward.
Collaborating with a variety of teams, including but not limited to marketing, product, HR, finance and sales, this position will work towards solving complex data problems.
The Analytics Engineer works closely with Analysts to deliver project based improvements to the data stack as well supporting our production environment on a rota basis (within normal working hours,no out of hours requirement present). Support of the production environment includes a variety of tasks such as assisting with customer questions , technical support of the stack and working to resolve any issues arising from the daily production run.
This role will have a considerable impact on the success of expanding Analytics capabilities throughout the organization.
We use some of the latest tech stack in a dev-ops approach including Snowflake ,Airflow and DBT.
What you’ll be doing
– Contribute to the design of the Datavault (Business Vault) and Kimball Star Schema
– Build working relationships with stakeholders and clients internally to successfully deliver against project based activities.
– Design analytics and insights solutions to address complex and challenging business questions, problems and needs.
– Contribute to complex projects within the analytics and wider team whilst using recognised project management methodology to achieve
– Explore data to identify new patterns and trends.
– Support the delivery of timely and accurate reporting to aid operational management and monitoring.
– Collaborate with Data and Analytics Engineering teams to facilitate self-service analytics and maintain high data quality throughout.
What we’re looking for
– Skills and experience with SQL
– Proven ETL/ELT skills (DBT/Matillion/Alteryx etc )
– Experience of working within and development of a Modern Data stack /Database (Redshift,Snowflake etc)
– Relevant programming experience in at least one non SQL coding Language (Python ideal)
– Experience with Excel/Google Sheets/etc.
– Able to work on own initiative, self motivate, and time manage efficiently
– Able to communicate technical solutions/issues to technical and non technical staff
– Patient , methodical and able to challenge in a constructive manner, providing evidence and engaging discussion to resolve issues.
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status.
From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!