[Hiring] Assistant Marketing Manager at Solution Tree
Date PostedNovember 1, 2023
Experience3 Years plus
Solution Tree delivers comprehensive professional development to schools and districts around the world. We empower K–12 educators to raise student achievement through a wide range of services and products including educator conferences, customized district solutions for long-term professional development, books, videos, and online courses.
Our headquarters is located in beautiful downtown Bloomington, Indiana, home of Indiana University and some of the best cultural, educational, and natural resources in the area. When you join Solution Tree, you join a highly regarded team that is dedicated to providing quality and excellence in professional development.
Guided by our mission, vision, and values, our team is united under one goal – to transform education worldwide to ensure learning for all. If you have the passion and skill to help further Solution Tree’s mission, we want to hear from you.
- Innovative, team-oriented environment
- Working with leading voices and rising stars in staff development
- A compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401k, paid time off, and more.
- Doing work that matters
Internally known as the Associate Marketing Manager (AMM) – EdTech, and reporting to the Marketing Director, the incumbent will support efforts to grow Solution Tree EdTech products, primarily Global PD Teams and Avanti. The AMM will develop and execute the marketing strategy for this growing business unit.
The AMM will keep an eye on market research, monitor spending/conversion rates, and analyze the overall effectiveness of individual campaigns. In collaboration with Sales and leadership, the AMM will be accountable for delivering revenue based on a plan.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Gathers data, solicits input from stakeholders, and creates strategy and campaign plans that define: the target audience; number, format, and timing of marketing communications.
- Provides leadership on the execution and delivery of marketing communications (design, copy, lists) to ensure they are timely, strategic, and effective, including guidance and review of marketing tactics for sales (e.g., info sheets), brochures, catalogs, ads, website, email, related webinars, and other support collateral.
- Obtain and preserve product knowledge specific to the Ed Tech business unit.
- Uses production scheduling software to monitor and support the execution of marketing.
- Follows up on project action items and communicates with key stakeholders; facilitates weekly call-ins and quarterly business reviews.
- Analyzes tracking and sales data on an ongoing basis; reports regularly on return on ad spend results to the marketing team and stakeholders; adjusts campaigns as needed to ensure anticipated results.
- Monitors campaign expenses against the budget and communicates discrepancies to stakeholders.
- Tracks and codes related invoices as necessary.
- Collects data and feedback on completed campaigns to aid future planning and budgeting.
- Partners with Sales for trade show activities and other event-related activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thinks strategically and initiates effective, creative, informed campaigns that accomplish revenue goals.
- Excited about innovation, technology, and opportunities AI can bring.
- Shows resourcefulness in identifying interventions and support for struggling sales.
- Proactively creates systems to organize information and workflow to execute campaigns.
- Demonstrates leadership in forging strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Takes initiative to analyze and present data to others to build support and demonstrate results.
- Shows patience, flexibility, and resourcefulness in communicating and resolving issues with others.
- Demonstrates willingness to revise and improve marketing plans.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Some travel is expected for trade show attendance and quarterly department meetings.
Required Education and Experience:
- BA required; degree in marketing or business preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Superior communication, collaboration, and organization skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to learn and use project management software
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.