[Hiring] Backend Engineer at Super Dispatch
Date PostedDecember 20, 2023
Experience3 Years plus
Super Dispatch is currently seeking a talented Backend Engineer proficient in Java to join our Engineering Team. As a Backend Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building, enhancing, and maintaining the backend infrastructure that drives the Super Dispatch platform. We are particularly interested in candidates from European countries or Central Asian regions. Join our passionate team of engineers to contribute to innovative solutions and influence the future of the Auto Transport Industry in the United States.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (product managers, frontend engineers, QA, product designers, etc.) to deliver solutions that drive your teams metrics.
- Document, develop, refactor, deploy, and operate APIs, customer-facing components, and internal interfaces to serve Super Dispatch customers.
- Design, develop, and maintain backend systems using Java.
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code following best practices and coding standards.
- Collaborate with QA and Support teams to investigate issues, fix bugs, and identify performance bottlenecks.
- Optimize and enhance existing code and backend systems for improved performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Participate in the technical design process, often with guidance from senior engineers.
- Ensure the security and integrity of data and systems through best practices, including encryption, authentication, and authorization.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and knowledge sharing among the team and provide constructive feedback to peers.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and best practices in backend development and Java technologies.
- 3+ years experience as a Backend Engineer
- 1+ year working as a Backend Engineer in a product-driven environment
- Upper-intermediate or higher English skills
- Strong expertise in Java 8 and higher (knowledge of Java 11 features is a plus)
- Proficiency in Spring Boot 2 framework
- Experience with JPA/Hibernate ORM
- Hands-on experience with Java test frameworks, including JUnit, Mockito, and Spring Integration Testing
- Experience debugging systems in production
- Experience with algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Sound understanding of systems design
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new programming frameworks and concepts
- Dedication to delivering high-quality code
- Familiarity with and experience in following engineering best practices
- Flexible to collaborate with our teams and customers in the US time zones
- Hands-on experience in building on cloud platforms like GCP or AWS
- Experience with Python Django
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Proficiency in designing, building, and running distributed systems (e.g., microservices) in a production environment
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Located in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
If you consider yourself an eager learner, a conscientious worker, and a thoughtful, kind, supportive human, you might just thrive at Super Dispatch.
To be successful, you will need a combination of technical skills and soft skills including:
- Effective Problem-Solving: You approach a problem by first asking questions to fully understand the the situation. You can break down complex problems and work towards practical solutions.
- Results Driven: You take ownership, drive progress through strategic action, and focus on achieving the end result.
- Team Player: You have a collaborative mindset and can build positive relationships with individuals across the organization, fostering teamwork and cooperation.
- Open to Improvement: You are receptive to feedback and are willing to consider new ideas, perspectives, and approaches. You see feedback as an opportunity to improve and grow.
- Strong Communication Skills: You can comfortably speak and write in English. You can convey technical concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Sense of Urgency: You thrive in a fast-paced, get-it-done environment, demonstrating a commitment to delivering tasks promptly and efficiently.
- Proactive: You take initiative, act without being told what to do, and regularly introduce new ideas and perspectives.
- Highly Motivated: You are a self-starter with a strong work ethic, showing consistent dedication and enthusiasm for your work.
- Flexible and Adaptable: You adapt effectively to new information, challenges, and changing priorities. You respond positively to complexity and change.
- Business-Focused and Pragmatic: You prioritize projects based on their potential impact on the business. You recognize the importance of balancing quality, speed, and the bottom line.
- Practical View of Technology: You view technologies and programming languages as tools with inherent trade-offs. While you may have strong preferences, you remain open to learning and adapting to new technologies as needed.
- Continuous Learner: You are curious, open-minded, and have a desire for continuous learning and self-improvement.
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Graduate from Super Dispatch’s company-wide new employee onboarding program. You’ll get caught up with who we are, how we work, and what we’re building.
- Understand the full functionality of Super Dispatch products, as well as the greater auto transportation industry and competitive landscape.
- Have knowledge on how applications run on the cloud, how the performance is measured, how development and deployment are managed.
- Understand the main parts of the codebase and have reviewed some code.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Collaborate on technical projects across teams within Super Dispatch.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers to tackle the interesting and challenging problems for building and growing an end-to-end (vehicle) shipping platform in the United States.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Start expanding your involvement and work with different teams on their challenges and improvements.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team with its mission, comprised of a product manager, UX designer, a frontend engineer, and a QA engineer.
Within 12 months, you’ll…
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Super Dispatch in general.
- Be a leader of the backend developer community of Super Dispatch affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
UWhat we do:
Super Dispatch is one of the fastest growing tech startups in Kansas City, and we’re transforming the world of vehicle shipping. The Super Dispatch platform is a one-stop-shop for everything Carriers and Shippers need to move cars faster, smarter, and easier. Backed by cutting edge technology and best-in-class software, Super Dispatch is the advanced auto transport experience taking carriers and shippers into the future.
Who we are:
Our diverse team is composed of highly motivated professionals with a passion for solving big problems with technology. Our core values are built around learning, growing, evolving, and continuous experimentation. We believe and practice taking bold risks. We embrace failure as a lesson. We put our team first. We are committed to supporting each other and helping each other grow on this journey.
Summary of Benefits:
- Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation (PTO)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Fully remote/work from home role
- Growth opportunities
- Gym membership/wellness stipend
- Equipment provided