[Hiring] Backend Engineer (Billing, Europe) at Neon
Date PostedOctober 31, 2023
Experience3 Years plus
Neon is an open-source company on a mission to create a cloud-native Postgres database as a service for every developer.
Neon is a distributed team building an open-source cloud-native Postgres. We’re a well-funded startup with deep knowledge of Postgres internals and decades of experience building databases. Our storage layer is written in Rust, cloud control plane is written in Go. We’re on a mission to create a cloud-native database service for every developer.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer who will contribute to the development of our Billing System. In this position you will work at the forefront of our mission to enhance billing components. You will collaborate with our talented team to architect and implement backend solutions that redefine how businesses and users consume billing information.
- Work on the backend for Neon Cloud applications
- Join an experienced Golang team and contribute to the development of new features for the Billing
- Own feature end-to-end from participating in the design process to iterating based on stakeholders feedback after it has been shipped
- Communicate with various teams and external partners to consolidate requirements and ensure a seamless user experience in handling billing information
- Keep the bar high for the code quality and internal devX
- Participate in on-call rotations to handle and resolve critical issues
We’re looking for someone who has
- 3+ years’ experience developing backend apps (at least 1 year of the recent Golang experience)
- Exposure to infrastructure technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, GitHub Actions, cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Participated in building highly-available, data-driven systems using message brokers, like Kafka, AWS Kinesis; and databases like ClickHouse, Cassandra, Postgres (TimescaleDB), etc.
- Bonus Skills: Experience with financial systems or payment gateways is advantageous but not mandatory.
- We are distributed team of 65 people working from 23 countries (concentrating around North America and Europe time zones)
- We are team built on open sources cultural principles (transparency, contribution, accountability, proactivity)
- Team with decades of experience building databases and deep knowledge of Postgres internals. We are deeply technical
- We have experienced Postgres committers and hackers on the team (check Heikki, Anastasia, Arseny, Matthias profiles)
- We believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source
- We aim for a diversity of thoughts and backgrounds
- We are keen to be a fast-moving flat org and avoid hierarchical structures
- Top-tier investors backed up Neon’s vision:
- We raised $104 million in funding from Menlo Ventures, GGV, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, Founders Fund.
- Venture vehicles of Snowflake and Databricks invested in Neon.
- Our angels investors are prominent technologists, and ecosystem players. More than 20 awesome angels supported Neon, including Nat Friedman, Elad Gil, Mike Ovitz, Ajeet Singh, Guillermo Rauch, Søren Brammer Schmidt, and Wes McKinney.
- Our Board includes Quentin Clark, Glenn Solomon, Joe Morrissey, and Tim Tully.
- You have an opportunity to be an early employee in the fast-scaling ambitious team
- You can work 100% remote: we’ll handle all formalities to arrange work from your home
- We pay top of the market in most parts of the world
- We grant equity (stock options) for all full-time hires
- We offer a competitive benefits package in line with all tech companies (top-notch equipment, unlimited vacations, paid parental leaves and much more)
- We are distributed, yet make our bonds during regular offsites (the last one was in Cyprus)
We like to keep things and get awesome people fast. Our goal is to get a hiring process done within a week from the moment we reviewed your application.
- The entire hiring process is fully remote.
- Once you have submitted your CV, our team will review it and we can contact you to schedule an initial call with a Talent Acquisition Partner.
- If we move on to the next steps, you will have 3 interviews with our Hiring Team. All interviews are 1:1 with our Software Engineers and usually last 45-60 minutes.
- Once all the interviews are over, our team will swiftly analyze the results of all the steps and present the final decision.