[Hiring] Backend Engineer – Scala at Vigil
Date PostedNovember 20, 2023
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
You will be joining our cross-functional teams to deliver software that meets our project’s business and operational requirements. Our Scala practices lean strongly towards pure-typed functional programming. Our Scala engineers are also encouraged to contribute back to the open-source projects we make use of.
Our core developers are all passionate about software engineering and enjoy developing their skills and abilities in a friendly and supportive environment of keen learners.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING:
If you are Europe or Brazil based, you will be joining our engineering team and be a valued member working closely in a collaborative, autonomous, cross-functional team. You will help with the following:
- Discuss and promote the implementation of new features
- Listen to the customer and suggest feasibility options
- As a team commit to goals, deadlines, and objectives
- As a team design and define system architectures and contribute to technical decisions
- Communicate your needs clearly and responsibly.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Vigil likes to stay at the forefront of available Scala technologies and industry trends. Sometimes those tools don’t exist yet or need a little push, and we help by contributing back to open-source projects. Either way, we are always looking for the next advancement to give us a technical edge, and as such, Core developers enjoy a high degree of freedom to learn and experiment with new tools and techniques.
We are looking for candidates who are as excited about pushing their own development as they are about advancing our technology stack.
- Scala development skills and knowledge of the Scala ecosystem
- Can show an understanding of pure functional programming
- Good knowledge of at least one other programming language
- Unit testing ability and understanding of how to structure testable code
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (CircleCI, Travis, Jenkins, etc)
- Ability to build highly available, scalable and concurrent system
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
AWESOME BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- AWS (ECR, EC2, S3, EMR)
- Messaging (NATS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc)
- Unix command line and basic systems administration
- Diagnosis of functional and performance problems
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of our collegial environment where responsibility and authority are shared equally amongst colleagues and help create our company culture
- A culture in which we don’t criticise failure but ensure we learn from our mistakes
- An Agile environment where your ideas are welcome
- The possibility to grow and experience different projects
- Fully remote
- Ongoing Training & Mentoring
- The possibility to travel