[Hiring] Blockchain Engineer at Nethermind
Date PostedJanuary 23, 2024
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
What are we all about?
We are a team of builders and researchers on a mission to empower enterprises and developers worldwide to access and build on decentralized systems.
Our expertise covers several domains: Ethereum and Starknet protocol engineering, layer-2, cryptography research, protocol research, decentralized finance (DeFi), security auditing, formal verification, real-time monitoring, smart contract development, and dapps and enterprise engineering.
Working to solve some of the most challenging problems in the blockchain space, we frequently collaborate with, such as Ethereum Foundation, Starknet Foundation, Gnosis Chain, Flashbots, Forta Protocol, Lido, EigenLayer, Open Zeppelin, RISCZero, Aleph Zero, and many more.
Today, there are nearly 200 of us working remotely from over 45+ countries.
Are you the one?
We are looking for a passionate and skilled engineer to join our highly dynamic team.
You will be developing blockchain-based solutions that span across a wide spectrum of the web3 ecosystem, from protocol level engineering and smart contracts development to DApps and Enterprise/Financial applications that integrate with or are built on blockchain infrastructure.
This is a remote-first role, where you will be working with a globally distributed team of talented engineers and researchers, as well as many leading industry partners.
You should be proficient in Smart Contract Development (mainly Solidity), have a deep understanding of the Ethereum blockchain, possess strong general engineering skills, and have a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals. The ideal candidate should be a strong problem-solver with excellent attention to detail. Familiarity with non-EVM blockchains, the DeFi landscape, and traditional finance would be a plus.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Design and build applications built on various blockchains, with a primary focus on EVM compatible chains
- Develop, test, and deploy secure smart contracts
- Debug and optimize smart contracts
- Work on full-stack engineering solutions that integrate with or built on top of blockchains.
- Extract and process data from the blockchain
- Develop scripts & tools to automate or improve blockchain interaction
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams, both internally and externally
- Stay updated with new developments and technology in the blockchain space
- Excellent programming skills, C# and Python preferred but will also consider other tech stacks (e.g., Rust, GO, Java, Kotlin)
- Ability to implement efficient algorithms and design complex data structures
- An understanding of good software architecture and engineering process
- Ability to write clean, testable, and maintainable code without over-engineering
- Strong computer science background
- Proficient in Solidity programming language with extensive experience in developing complex smart contracts. Familiar with toolings such as Foundry, Hardhat or Remix. Other languages will be also considered (e.g Cairo, MOVE)
- Deep understanding of Ethereum blockchain architecture
- Understanding of the DeFi landscape, including lending protocols, DEXs, yield farming, and stablecoins
- Experience in developing off-chain applications that integrate with web3 protocols, using libraries such as Web3.js and ethers.js.
- You need to be a self-starter
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge in Traditional Finance, as well as major use cases such as Tokenisation.
- Experience with layer-2 solutions like Starknet, Optimism, zkSync, and Arbitrum
- Familiarity with blockchain data analytics tools like Dune and Nansen
- Knowledge of cryptographic primitives like hashing and signature schemes
- Familiarity with formal verification methods for smart contracts
- Experience in front-end development with frameworks like React or Angular
- Familiarity with smart contracts auditing tooling/techniques (e.g Fuzzing, Symbolic execution, Static and Dynamic Analysis)
- Infrastructure / DevOps experience (eg. setup private networks)
- Ethereum core development experience
Your consent to share personal information is entirely voluntary, and you may withdraw your consent at any time. Should you have any questions about this process, or wish to withdraw your consent please contact: [email protected]