[Hiring] Communications Director at Mural
Date PostedJanuary 9, 2024
We’re on a mission to empower innovation through a culture of collaboration by providing teams the means and methods to turn ideas and insights into reality.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 400 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
The Communications Director at Mural will lead the development and execution of the company’s external communications strategy. You’ll work across many teams at Mural to identify and develop a consistent cadence of stories that help move the needle for us as a brand, thought leader, and company. You will drive communications for pivotal product launches and robust research and other timely announcements that educate the market and further establish Mural’s leadership position.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build strong relationships with leaders across the company and will work closely with our executives to craft bylines, press releases, speaking submissions, and media material. You’ll lead these activities with our PR agency. This is an exciting opportunity to continue crafting Mural’s story and tell the world about it.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work across Marketing, Product, and Sales to identify key topics and storylines for Mural to be relevant in day-to-day media
- Develop and execute a comprehensive PR/AR strategy and plan that supports the company’s business objectives and goals
- Manage the operations of a public relations firm, including budgeting, account management, and campaign planning
- Oversee the company’s analyst relations program, including building and maintaining relationships with key industry analysts and influencers
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with key journalists and analysts to position Mural as a relevant and reliable source for commentary and thought leadership
- Drive development, with agency support, of all media relations materials including briefing documents, press releases, media alerts, pitches, communications plans, award submissions, speaking proposals and media lists
- Monitor and analyze media coverage, including competitor activity, and provide recommendations to senior leadership
- Support content creation for thought leadership, executive blogs, speaker/event attendance, and broadcast opportunities
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 8+ years relevant work experience at either a PR agency or on an in-house communications team, preferably with a focus in Enterprise SaaS
- Experience working with top tier and trade media, especially regarding technology, business, collaboration, and future of work
- Proactive and eager to synthesize needs, gain alignment, and drive work forward in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional storytelling, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and information clearly to diverse audiences
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including media, analysts, and industry influencers
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize urgent and important initiatives effectively, especially in stressful and ambiguous situations
- Able to analyze and measure communications performance, synthesizing coverage and conversations to inform and make recommendations to executives and partners
For roles based in New York City, California, Colorado, and Washington, the base salary for this role ranges from $144,000 – $180,000 + equity + benefits. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.