[Hiring] Content Strategist at Mozilla
Date PostedOctober 18, 2023
Experience4 Years plus
As a Content Strategist at Mozilla, you’ll play a pivotal role in implementing our customer experience content strategy for Mozilla’s knowledge base (support.mozilla.org).
You’ll improve user experiences through content, while maintaining our commitment to make the internet open and accessible. Your knowledge in technical writing, content strategy, and localization will help us build user-friendly help documentation to reach a diverse audience worldwide.
Your responsibilities will span a range of content-related tasks, from crafting and implementing content strategies for new products and features, updating and maintaining our knowledge base, implementing content-related findings from user research, and contributing to our editorial style guide. You’ll optimize localization workflows, translation quality, and encourage engagement with our localization volunteers and vendors.
If you have deep appreciation for the role support content plays in the customer journey, we’d love to hear from you!
- Write clear, concise, and conversational support articles aligning with our editorial guidelines, requiring the ability to consolidate information from multiple sources and tools.
- Build support content strategies, based on discoverability and usability, using data-driven insights.
- Evaluate and improve our localization strategy, policies, and workflows to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Monitor and report on localization progress and metrics.
- Collaborate with Support Operations, Product, Marketing, and Legal teams to write user-centric support documentation for non-technical audiences.
- Benchmark existing knowledge management strategies against industry standards and get creative about new strategies.
- Optimize and align style guidelines and content standards across support content touchpoints.
- Collaborate with localization and engineering teams to implement improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field, such as Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or English.
- 4+ years of experience in writing and editing, encompassing help or support content, technical writing, instructional design, or content strategy.
- Experience working remotely with product teams, engineers and support teams, or teams that work closely with end-users
- Exceptional project management skills, with ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize as needed.
- Strong understanding of localization processes and tools.
- Experience with using help center or knowledge base analytics to make data-driven decisions
- Experience working with content management systems (CMS) and localization tools
- Examples of your previous work or a portfolio demonstrating your past support content projects or relevant writing samples
- Knowledge of online publishing processes
- Experience with information architecture and taxonomy
- Experience with facilitating and executing CMS migrations
- Proficiency in SEO writing
- Familiarity with wiki markup
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Looker Studio
- Experience leading and encouraging a community of volunteers
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws.
Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.