[Hiring] Content Writer at Lower Street
Date PostedOctober 10, 2023
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
Who are we?
Lower Street is a podcasting company that works with agencies, consultants, and enterprise companies to make amazing shows. Shows that matter, that make an impact.
We’re focused on 2 things:
- Making the best podcasts we possibly can, and
- Continually learning and improving on what we do – both individually and as a team.
From concept to distribution, we help clients to develop their ideas into fully fledged podcasts. And it’s really fun.
What’s the gig?
We are seeking a skilled content writer to join our passionate team. As a content writer, you will be responsible for producing the content for case studies, landing pages, white papers, POS content, as well as optimizing our business lead magnets and blog posts. You’ll work closely with folks like Harry (CEO) and Steven (Head of Marketing). We are looking for 10-20 hours per week.
Things you’ll do:
- Support our team and help deliver unique and compelling content.
- Write and optimize case studies, landing pages, white papers, POS content, as well as optimizing our business lead magnets and blog posts.
- Conducting research on podcasting, business lead magnets, and related topics to inform content creation.
- Developing a deep understanding of our target audience and creating content that resonates with them.
- Ensuring that all content is optimized for search engines and meets SEO best practices.
- Overall, the freelance copywriter and ghostwriter will play a key role in helping us to create high-quality, engaging content that resonates with our audience and helps us achieve our business goals.
Who exactly are we looking for?
- Creative. You are able to foster and maintain the creative vision of the content produced for Lower Street.
- Communicative. You have excellent written and verbal communication and excel in collaboration with teammates.
- Authentic. You put the people around you at ease and bring your own unique voice to research and writing.
- Adaptable. You thrive when you need to find solutions, make adjustments, and receive feedback. You work efficiently to get the job done by deadlines.
- Passionate. You love storytelling and connecting business communities through content marketing.
For this role, you ideally have:
- Extensive writing experience
- Experience researching technical topics and fact-checking
- Native English speaker
- Previous writing experience for landing pages and case studies
- Understanding of SEO and ability to work with an SEO brief in mind
- Work from anywhere.
- Your house in the country, a coffee shop in the city, a yurt in the forest — we don’t mind. As long as you have strong enough wifi.
- Truly great work culture.
- We’re a young and small, but established company — you can make a real impact, but we’re not in the business of micromanagement.
- Flexible Hours.
- Outside of ideally having some working overlap with UK working hours, we have a globally distributed, asynchronous team.
Learn more about us here.
Like what you see?
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” then be sure to apply below. Even if you’re thinking: “This definitely could be me!” apply anyways — we love diverse and non-traditional backgrounds.
Please, sneak the word ‘Guava’ somewhere into your application to show us you read the whole job description.
We can’t wait to meet you!