[Hiring] Contract Ecommerce Marketing & Site Merchandising Associate at Catch Co.
Date PostedOctober 4, 2023
Experience2 Years plus
Catch Co. is looking for a remote Contract Ecommerce Marketing & Site Merchandising Associate who is available to work 30-40 hours per week (during company hours) for the next 3-5 months and is passionate about delivering customer value and helping the company achieve revenue goals. This position will assist our email marketing, site merchandising, and paid advertising teams.
What You Will Do:
- Keep the email and SMS marketing calendar updated, ensuring all email and text campaigns are scheduled in advance, thoroughly tested and ready for launch.
- Assist with weekly & monthly performance and spend reporting and help to identify trends and issues from the data.
- Support the site merchandising team with building new products in our ecommerce shopping platform, setting up promotional codes and launching promotions and campaigns.
- Help to develop targeted email and SMS campaigns that drive revenue and customer acquisition, repeat purchases and customer retention.
- Assist the customer service team in updating customer email and SMS preferences.
- Assist with influencer management and outreach.
What Experience You Need:
- 2-3+ years of marketing experience at a consumer focused e-commerce company or similar experience.
- Email marketing execution experience or familiarity with Klaviyo, Simon Data, Simon Mail, or other similar CDP and email marketing platforms.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or another site analytics company.
- Functional understanding of test-and-learn methodologies (A/B testing).
- Experience with Google Sheets.
- Experience with Figma or Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with Magento, Shopify or a similar ecommerce shopping platform.
- Comfort operating in a data-driven environment.
- Knowledge of the fishing industry is a plus, but not a requirement.
What Will Make You Successful:
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Analytical skills and a structured approach to solving problems.
- Efficiency and resourcefulness.
- Customer focused mindset.
- Ability to think creatively and critically in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Flexibility & adaptability in a fast paced, rapidly changing workplace.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co., our purpose is to rescue humanity from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box – Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle – Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products – Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.