[Hiring] Customer Success Specialist at Relay
Date PostedFebruary 7, 2024
Experience4 Years plus
Relay is building an autonomous growth platform to help merchants scale e-commerce. Our suite of software tools allows merchants to automate key revenue generation workflows to drive organic growth and increase profitability.
The Relay ecosystem currently consists of five software businesses that accelerate merchant revenue growth through email marketing automation, user-generated content management, on-page conversion optimization, and bookings management. Relay’s products are established as key tools in the SMB e-commerce revenue generation stack, servicing more than 35K customers globally, collectively generating>$1BN in GMV annually.
Relay is actively building the ecosystem by acquiring commerce enablement tools primarily serving e-commerce merchants on platforms including Shopify, BigCommerce, and Wix. Relay acquires ‘ready to scale’, oftentimes bootstrapped businesses, and invests in people, processes, and products to accelerate the product roadmap and growth.
The Customer Success team is the first line of contact for our merchant customers, and the Customer Success Specialist role is critical for helping merchants maximize their time-to-value from Relay’s products and facilitating positive outcomes.
Customer Success Specialists are product experts and problem solvers, who can engage users on our product offering and help train and troubleshoot. The Customer Success team is frequently interacting with customers and have significant responsibility as the voice of the Relay team to project a positive, professional image.
Finally, Customer Success Specialists help inform product development by proactively contribute insights from customer interactions that close any gap between product features and customer needs.
- Effectively communicate with customers to troubleshoot user experiences and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” and provide feedback to product and marketing teams on how we can better serve our customers.
- Become an expert on Relay’s product offering and be able to clearly identify and articulate our product features and train users.
- Represent the Relay team and maintain a positive, empathetic tone with customers.
Important Traits for Success
- User-first mindset: the specialist approaches problems by first understanding the user’s needs
- Empathy: the specialist can effectively put themselves in the shoes of a user and articulate what their needs are
- Collaborate cross-functionally: the specialist is comfortable working across internal teams (product, marketing, leadership) to effectively communicate customer needs internally and communicate product and marketing features externally
- Problem solver: the specialist can approach problems in a logical, structured way; can help customers brain storm solutions, or know when to elevate requests to technical support
- Strong communicator: the specialist is an attentive and active listener and can explain interact with customers with a positive tone
- Proactive: surfaces product suggestions, concerns, and insights
- Demonstrate Relay’s four Core Values in all professional interactions
Requirements & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working collaboratively with technical counterparts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to document and interface with both customers and internal teams
- Direct industry experience in ecommerce or B2B SaaS; ideally experience working with SMB customers
- Experience and proficiency in using systems like Intercom, Notion, and other tools of the trade, or willingness to adapt and learn
- Minimum 4+ years experience in customer success or consultative customer-facing roles