[Hiring] Customer Support Specialist at edmentum
Date PostedOctober 23, 2023
Experience2 Years plus
Edmentum is the leading provider of K-12 digital curriculum, assessments, and services to 43,000 schools in all 50 states and over 100 countries worldwide. We partner with educators to create instructional technology that is proven, easy-to-use, individualized, and aligned to state standards. Built on a 60-year history of innovation and impact, we believe that when educators succeed, students thrive, everywhere learning occurs.
The Customer Support Specialist role is a full-time position that delivers high quality customer support across different communication channels according to defined procedures, respecting quality and time.
This role is responsible for ensuring customer issues and requests are resolved in a timely manner, while maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude at all times.
A successful candidate is an excellent communicator, enjoys solving problems and has a passion for customer service. Their ability to interact professionally and expeditiously with customers is of the upmost importance. This position reports to the Customer Support Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Handle inbound and outbound customer interactions in a courteous, timely, and professional manner
• Listen to customers, understand their needs, and resolve issues
• Follow all required scripts, policies, and procedures
• Comply with requirements surrounding confidential information and personal information
• Utilize knowledge base and training to accurately answer customer questions
• Basic technical/integration troubleshooting
• Product feature explanations and walkthroughs (Subject Matter Expert)
• Accurately document and process customer issue and resolution in appropriate systems
• Coordinate with other departments to resolve issues as applicable
• Escalate or redirect technical issues beyond experience level to the appropriate team or team member
• Escalate customer issues to management for resolution as needed
• Ensure first call resolution through problems solving and effective call handling
• Meet or exceed all metrics and performance measurements
• Participate in ongoing proprietary product training and certification programs
• Attend meetings and training and review all new training material to stay up-to-date on changes to program knowledge, systems, and processes
• Adhere to all attendance and work schedule requirements
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 2+ years of experience in customer service, technical support, chat, or administrative support in a contact center environment
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Associate degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Proficient computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook and MS Word) required
• Experience with Salesforce, a plus
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Exhibit a passion for exceptional customer service
• Demonstrate professionalism and a positive attitude
• Show strong initiative and ability to self-manage
• Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
• Show ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrate excellent problem solving, analytical skills and strong attention to detail
• Demonstrate exceptional soft skills, showing the ability to fill voids and gaps in conversation with appropriate small talk
• Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner
• Set high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks
• Embrace working in a collaborative team environment, but can manage themselves independently
• Willingness to work extended hours as needed
Edmentum is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, vendors, and guests. Our organization will comply with all COVID-19 vaccination requirements at a site or facility that requires all employees and contractors who will be performing services. The CDC defines fully vaccinated as being two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 Vaccine or two weeks after the single dose of a one-dose vaccine.
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Edmentum’s notice regarding the collection of personal information from interested candidates is available here