[Hiring] Data Analyst – Energy Home Services at UtilityWarehouse
Date PostedOctober 2, 2023
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
Hello, we’re UW
We’re a bunch of great people working together, solving problems and having fun. Together, we strive to find solutions to help the great people around us get on with the things that really matter in life.
How? It’s simple, we take the headache out of essential home services by providing them all in one place – energy, broadband, mobile, and even insurance. That’s one provider, one account, one bill, and lots of savings.
We’re a truly unique FTSE 250 company with a business model that has real social impact at the heart of it. Being a part of the UW community you’ll join a working environment like no other – one where everyone matters – be it our customers, our partners or you, our people.
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Data Analyst to join the Energy Home Services Data team. You will report to the Head of Industry Data Insights, working closely with the wider Data Team, Product, UX and Tech to help aggregate and analyse energy data for business insights. You will have the opportunity to bring together energy industry knowledge, technology, product knowledge and regulatory knowledge to provide insights into areas we should improve, helping us deliver the best possible outcome for our customers and business.
This role requires curiosity, proactivity, a data-driven mindset, and hands-on activities. This position is fully embedded in the delivery of technical solutions.
In particular, you will have the opportunity to explore and address critical questions like:
- Tracking our energy sales performance over various channels, providing forecasts, and identifying areas of concern
- Tracking our energy operational performance, customer service, measuring outcomes and identifying areas of improvement
- Monitoring and reporting our performance to the regulators (i.e. Ofgem, DESNZ, Citizens Advice etc) across various customer cohorts such as: domestic and business customers, credit and prepayment customers, vulnerable and debt customers etc.
What you’ll do
- Engage with business and product teams to develop and deliver data analytics projects, actionable insight and recommendations
- Work closely with the broader data team e.g. fellow Data analysts and Data Engineers, to structure and manage databases for effective reporting
- Create visualisations and data analysis and communicate findings efficiently
- Interpret regulatory requirements and build submissions to the required quality and timelines
- Experience in Energy
- Experience in data analytics (exploratory and descriptive analysis) and Statistics background
- Experience in data storytelling
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL
- Experience in data visualisation tools such as Looker
- Experience with BQ / GCP / Data studio / Terraform will be beneficial
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to manage the time to produce high-quality work with deadlines
- Great interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Experience with Python will be a plus
- Ability to work within a diverse team spanning business leaders, product managers, software engineers and data scientists.
What’s in it for you
Join a high growth FTSE 250 business with the ambition to introduce 1 million additional customers to our offering. Help us achieve our ambitions whilst learning and having fun. Become part of a fantastic business culture where people really are at the heart of everything we do.
- Huge opportunities for exposure & development as we scale up
- Access to Spark – a holistic approach to learning and development created by UW to empower our people’s personal and professional growth
- Competitive salary including share options
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Life Insurance up to 4 x your salary
- Discounted healthcare & medical cash plans
- A free virtual GP service
- Private pension scheme
- Share options and Save As You Earn Scheme
- A range of Health & Wellbeing benefits including a confidential Employee Assistance Programme, virtual fitness classes and wellness tools
- Discounted UW services (30% mobile & broadband, 10% energy & insurance)
- A UW cashback card – earning you cashback on all your spending!
We provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your age, disability, gender, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Please note, if you are applying for a role which involves having access to personal data, you will be subject to a background check. Where checks are unsatisfactory or incomplete and/or a failure to reveal information relating to convictions that you are required to identify as part of the background checks, could lead to withdrawal of an offer of employment.