[Hiring] Data Manager at Givebutter
Date PostedFebruary 6, 2024
Givebutter is the most-loved nonprofit fundraising platform, empowering millions of changemakers to raise more, pay less, and give better. Nonprofits use Givebutter to replace multiple tools so they can launch fundraisers and events, use donation forms and donor management (CRM), send emails and text blasts—all in one place. Instead of charging a traditional SaaS subscription fee, Givebutter is completely free to use with a 100% transparent tip-or-fee model.
Givebutter has been certified as a Great Place to Work® in 2021, 2022, and 2023, and is the #1 rated nonprofit software company on G2 across multiple categories.
Our mission is to empower the changemaker in all of us. We believe giving should be fun, so you’ll want to do it again, and we also believe that work should be fun, so that you’ll have the greatest impact. We are excited to hear from talented people who want to work with other talented people in making the world a butter place—and have fun along the way.
As Givebutter’s Data Manager, you’ll play a leading role in driving a Culture of Data and the strategic use of data within the company, providing actionable insights that shape our business decisions and growth trajectory. Reporting directly to the VP of Finance, the Data Manager will be the cornerstone of our data initiatives, scale and develop the Data team and ensure the alignment of data strategies with our financial objectives and overall business plan.
We want to hear from people who…
- Believe that everything revolves around data
- Can tie critical data projects & revelations into business opportunities
- Thrive on telling stories with data
- Create and oversee a data-driven strategy that aligns with company goals and objectives. Ensure that the data team is proactively identifying and addressing the evolving needs of the business.
- Manage, mentor, and grow the data analytics team, fostering a culture of continuous learning and collaboration.
- Deep-dive into product data to uncover trends, insights, and areas for optimization. Provide actionable recommendations to product, marketing, and other teams.
- Understand, design, and implement robust and scalable data architectures that support both current and future business needs. Ensure smooth data flow and accessibility across departments.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define key performance indicators (KPIs), ensuring that data findings are easily understandable and actionable.
- Implement data quality and governance processes to maintain the accuracy, reliability, and security of our data assets.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends, tools, and best practices in data analytics and architecture. Ensure that the company is leveraging the best technology and methodologies available.
- Regularly report on key metrics, analysis results, and data-driven recommendations to senior management and other relevant stakeholders.
- 4 years of experience in data analytics, with a demonstrated ability to drive results through data insights
- 1+ years managing a team of data analysts
- Strong knowledge of data architecture and principles of database design.
- Proficiency in data analytics tools such as SQL, R, Python.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex data findings in a clear and actionable manner.
- Problem-solving mindset with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
$140,000 – $150,000 a year
Bonus and equity will be included.
Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the Eastern United States.
Health Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees as well as HSA and FSA accounts.
Mental Health: Givebutter health insurance plans come with access to a TalkSpace membership.
401k: We offer access to a retirement planning account for all employees.
Vacation and Holiday: Take up to 15 days of paid vacation time per year plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays and provide 2 floating holidays.
Parental Leave: We offer 12 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers.
Home Office Stipend: Upgrade your home office with company-sponsored expenses including high-quality laptops, monitors, and modern technology.
Charitable Giving: Employees are encouraged to donate up to $50/month to any verified nonprofit they wish to support on Givebutter.
Professional Development: We offer learning and development reimbursement opportunities.
Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you’re doing and the company you work for.