[Hiring] Data Scientist at Tradeshift
Date PostedOctober 25, 2023
Experience2 Years plus
Tradeshift is the cloud-based supply chain platform that transforms the way B2B buyers and sellers connect, transact and trade. We’re a leader in e-invoicing and AP automation, offering tools for compliant e-invoicing in 50+ countries, including China. We’re also an innovator in B2B marketplaces and embedded fintech services that bring value, opportunity and growth to any business that joins the network.
Tradeshift’s vision is to connect every company in the world, creating economic opportunity for all. Today, the Tradeshift platform is home to a rapidly growing community of buyers and sellers operating in more than 190 countries.
Vision: To connect every company in the world, creating economic opportunity for all.
Mission: We build technologies that help companies grow by giving them access to cheaper capital, increased efficiency, and digital global trade.
Tradeshift connects and empowers B2B commerce across global supply chains. We help B2B buyers and sellers grow together through technology that ensures every business has the access and tools they need to benefit fully from digital global trade.We’re a leader in e-invoicing and AP automation, offering full international compliance in 50+ countries including China. We’re also an innovator in B2B marketplaces and embedded fintech services that bring value, opportunity and growth to any business that joins the network.
Seller value sits at the core of our technology proposition, and suppliers have voted Tradeshift the most reliable network on the market. Our commitment to creating value for any business that joins the Tradeshift network means suppliers onboard faster and buyers achieve their digitization objectives quicker. We establish an average of 40,000 new seller connections to Tradeshift every month.
Our open platform offers seamless integration with any application you need to manage your supplier relationships. Pick a partner capable of delivering across your entire digital transformation journey – Digitize, Automate, Grow.
Tradeshift has grown to over 400 people with offices in 9 countries and a Hybrid, virtual first way of working, but our focus hasn’t wavered. We believe that nothing connects a fragmented world like commerce. We digitize and connect everything that happens between a buyer and a seller, anywhere in the world.
We help businesses:
- Connect with all their suppliers digitally
- Remove paper and manual processes across procure-to-pay
- Buy what they need faster and manage supplier risk
- B2B Marketplace Platform for E-Procurement
- AP Automation
- Supplier Collaboration & Analytics
- Supplier Financing
- Virtual Credit Cards
- Professional Services
Platform & Network Stats
- The Tradeshift network is approaching 120,000 transacting suppliers and 2.5 millions connections
- Buyers in 78 countries and Sellers in 97
- Process approximately 2,000,000 transactions per month
- In excess of $20B dollars transacted on the platform monthly
- In July 2021, Tradeshift surpassed one trillion dollars in total value of transactions processed across its platform
The Data Analytics and Business Intelligence team sits at the intersection of the three verticals that constitute Tradeshift, Pay Automation, Marketplaces, and Small Business, powering every aspect of the entire Tradeshift business and go-to-market strategy through data, fuelling fast decision-making, innovation, and agility for everyone. Having the mission to enable our customers, partners, and Tradeshift to win and grow by leveraging superior data and intelligence reporting.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Data Scientist is a single contributor role in the Global Data and Business Intelligence Team. The role reports directly to the Manager, Analytics and Business Intelligence, being involved in supporting all organizational facing data processing and analytics within the company, as a key player between the business and technical data layer, and execution of our team mission and vision.
This position will be focused on predictive and prescriptive analytics initiatives as well as developing machine learning models and algorithms to make predictions and recommendations for the future.
What a day is like:
- Participate in designing and delivering data analytics and insights around the core metrics consumed by our senior leadership and investors.
- Data cleaning and preprocessing
- Advanced statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Feature engineering to create new data variables.
- A/B testing and experimentation to optimize processes or products.
- Develop custom algorithms and solutions to tackle unique problems.
- Spot patterns to make a meaningful forecast and strategy alignment.
- Creating informative and visually appealing charts, graphs, and dashboards to communicate findings and insights to stakeholders.
- Support go-to-market strategy and development of business cases with data and predictions.
- Manage and work together with multiple project resources professionals and colleagues from other departments or our customers.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Have 2+ years of experience working with large data (>10k data points)
Are capable of:
- Ensuring data quality by identifying and addressing missing values, outliers, and inconsistencies.
- Developing and implementing machine learning algorithms and statistical models to solve specific business problems. This may include tasks such as regression, classification, clustering, and recommendation systems.
- Conducting experiments to test the impact of changes or new features on user behavior or business outcomes.
- Applying statistical methods to answer specific research questions or test hypotheses.
- Developing predictive models to forecast future trends, customer behavior, or business performance.
- Handling and analyzing large volumes of data using distributed computing frameworks like Hadoop and Spark.
- Effectively communicating findings and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, influencing decision-making.
- Solving math equations and problems involving fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios, and time calculations.
- Researching new ways to make use of data
- Intermediate or better with PL/SQL ( functions and procedures), Spark/Scala
- Ability to equip him/herself with the latest data science methodologies
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A methodical and logical approach
- Knowledge of the e-comerce/e-invoice domain is a plus
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.