[Hiring] Data Scientist I at Frontier
Date PostedSeptember 28, 2023
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
When you’re in the business of making connections, diversity and inclusion become part of your fiber. We believe in unlocking the power of diversity to drive digital connectivity, so if you feel your experience looks a little different, and you can add value, we encourage you to apply!
Frontier is a leading communications provider offering gigabit speeds to empower and connect millions of consumers and businesses in 25 states. It is building critical digital infrastructure across the country with its fiber-optic network and cloud-based solutions, enabling connections today and future-proofing for tomorrow.
Rallied around its purpose of Building Gigabit America™, the company is focused on supporting a digital society, closing the digital divide, and working toward a more sustainable environment. Frontier is preparing today for a better tomorrow. Visit www.frontier.com.
About The Role
As a Data Scientist, you’ll directly influence strategy and operational initiatives. You will work with all parts of the organization to identify opportunities, develop tools and strategies, and implement solutions leveraging data to improve profitability, efficiency, and customer experience. Your work will be analytical, but your intelligence, drive, and interpersonal skills will be just as important to your success. The opportunities you identify, initiatives you lead, and decisions you make will have direct, tangible impact on our customers, employees and company performance.
- Work with and analyze complex data from various sources. Manipulate large data sets and navigate a variety of servers, data types, and data structures to complete statistical and other analyses
- Develop predictive and descriptive models using advanced procedures like statistical modeling, linear regression and Bayesian analyses. Knowledge of some/all of the following techniques: Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Bootstrap Aggregation, Boosting, Decision Trees, and Time Series Analysis
- Use a suite of analytical tools including Python, SAS & R to build, implement, and regularly monitor the effectiveness of predictive models
- Perform statistical data analysis and build forecasting and optimization models
- Develop and monitor industry trends, to support the monitoring, evaluation and development of current and newly emerging products, and consumer behavior
- Partnering with business analysts to gather requirements and translate to actionable scenarios and models
- Work with various functions to document and communicate results of analyses, present work in clean, structured formats
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience with Power BI
- Experience developing and implementing statistical models
- Expert skills in Python and R and ability to learn new languages as needed
- Experience performing data management, mining, and manipulation along with analytics
- Experience using SQL
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to work independently under general instructions and with a team
Frontier salaries estimated by third parties and may or may not reflect actual or total compensation. Please confirm with your recruiter.
We are deeply committed to attracting talented team members in the US from all backgrounds regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or nationality.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.