[Hiring] Data Scientist / Power Platform Developer at Cobec
Date PostedOctober 16, 2023
Experience2 Years plus
Cobec is consistently breaking the current mold for delivering services to our government clients. What does that mean? That means believing in a “people first” mentality, building high performance teams and empowering people to make informed decisions without going through a large bureaucratic system.
Cobec values the well-being of employees and bestows tremendous trust in those people to negotiate work and non-work obligations. Cobec is where someone can bring their whole self to work and be themselves, never having to compromise their authenticity just to fit in. Lastly, we believe in the work we do, the goals and missions of our customers and the interpersonal relationships we have with clients, stakeholders and our people.
Values and Expectations
The successful candidate for this role embodies the same values as Cobec. We realize experience is important, however; Cobec believes a person’s abilities and skills that align with our values (Relationships, Leadership, Passion, Accountability, Integrity, Innovation, Quality, Teamwork, Diversity, Commitment, & Respect) are the most important drivers for success in this role.
In addition to exhibiting our values, a successful candidate for this role is expected to be a high performer, organized, dynamic, and have a positive attitude.
This position will apply advanced analytical and mathematical techniques to solve complex decision problems. Candidate will use high performance computing, big data analytics and data visualization tools and techniques to assist in making acquisition decision and to maximize operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 2 – 7 equivalent years of experience in operations research, modeling and simulation, or technical analysis. Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or the Aviation Industry is desired.
Essential Job Functions
- Individual will support model and simulation development to provide quantitative analyses, cost-benefit and economic analyses to support the Federal Aviation Administration Program Acquisition and Operational Systems Evaluation.
- Individual will have experience in data collection, data normalization techniques, statistical analysis, performance metrics development and tracking and other mathematical/operations research techniques and methods.
- Individuals will also support process and policy improvement for operations research and modeling guidelines, including research and assessment of operations research tools.
- Individuals will be required to contribute effectively to working groups through oral and written communication and cooperative working relationships
- Individuals will support the develop of custom visualizations
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Physics, Economics, or similar.
Master’s degree is a plus
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Power Platform based development and in the use of Microsoft 365 components, including SharePoint, Teams and Power Automate, including Power Apps and Power Automate
- 2+ years of experience with development using one of the following two design patterns, including Canvas App with Power Automate and SharePoint Online List or Microsoft List or Power Portal with Model Driven App and Dataverse
- 3+ years of experience with conducting and participating in design reviews and code reviews
- 3+ years of experience with developing and reviewing SDLC work products and artifacts
- Experience with using Agile development methods and processes
- Ability to analyze time and effort estimation of design and development work to support sprint planning
- Experience with SQL/Database Management is desired
- Experience with MATLAB, SAS, Python, Java/C++/VBA and MS Office Products is desired
- Experience with and data visualization tools such Shiny, Tableau, Cold Fusion is desired
Salary Range: $60 – $100k
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance
Occasional travel required as needed by client/s and/or company
Cobec Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state and local law.