[HIring] DevOps Engineer at Veeva
Date PostedFebruary 2, 2024
Experience4 Years plus
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We’re not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva Link is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join a growing team to tackle the technical challenges that come with it. You will be designing, implementing, and maintaining the cloud infrastructure to support multiple services of a data-intensive application. Experience with cloud providers (primarily AWS), container orchestration, security, and designing scalable systems will make you successful in this role.
The vision of the Link product family is to connect life sciences with key people to improve research and care. Key account managers in pharma use our product Link for Key Accounts to gather intelligence for driving customer-centric innovation and long-term sales.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the European Union. Veeva does not provide sponsorship for employment visas for this position.
What’ You’ll Do
- Participate in architecting, improving, and extending our infrastructure and pipelines
- Ensure our platform meets the scalability, availability, and reliability needs of our customers
- Help, support, and consult development teams with their needs regarding infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience in the software development industry with at least two years of DevOps experience
- Experience in handling production outages and root-cause analysis
- Good understanding of security practices
- Good understanding of Load Balancers and Firewalls
- Good knowledge of one widely used RDS like PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Good knowledge of Git and Infrastructure as Code
- Good understanding of containerized applications (Docker) and container orchestrators
- Fluent in English – both written and verbal
Nice to Have
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.