[Hiring] Digital Marketing Associate at Common Threads
Date PostedOctober 24, 2023
Experience2 Years plus
The Digital Marketing Associate is a strategic team member to help in our overall marketing efforts at Common Threads. This position will report to the Marketing & Events Manager. Responsibilities for this position include developing, overseeing, and optimizing digital marketing initiatives to maximize brand awareness and development.
The Digital Marketing Associate should be well-versed in specialized marketing concepts, principles, and tactics. The goal is to deliver effective marketing campaigns that will help increase our digital footprint, maximize fundraising goals, and growth.
- Develop, implement, and lead Common Threads external communication strategy for various channels (including Google Ads, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, MailChimp, blog posts, etc.)
- This is inclusive of developing and owning the marketing calendar, and running point on the creation of all necessary marketing materials/assets.
- Support the management of vendors, and third party companies that support digital marketing initiatives (such as ad creation, web development, graphic design, campaign ideation) to build brand awareness.
- Define, analyze, and optimize essential metrics for marketing data, social media and email campaign performances. (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic, lead form generation performance, etc.)
- Provide monthly campaign and analytics reports on project KPIs, including social media engagement and growth, newsletter subscriber metrics, website brand awareness metrics and overall donation actions.
- Create digital campaigns that support fundraising efforts. Measure the success of every campaign based on the established KPIs
- Support and manage donor platforms and pages associated with events and campaigns.
- Support organization event management and execution (such as ticket sales and management, landing page creation, vendor management)
- Stay up to date with the latest marketing and communication best practices and technologies. Brainstorm and collaborate with internal teams on new ideas and tactics. Manage and assist in the creation of monthly blogs to support organization thought leadership and push KPI’s on website traffic by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and , marketing, journalism etc.)
Support content creation, asset capturing and storing (such as: photography, video creation, file management)
- 2+ years of experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO, social media, etc) and market research methods
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, marketing software (Adobe Creative Suite and CRM) and applications (Web analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Knowledge of WordPress, Canva, Classy, Salesforce, MailChimp, HTML, CSS and web development tools (e.g. Dreamweaver)
- Strong proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Ads, WordPress and LinkedIn Ads
- Strong knowledge and experience of all different digital marketing channels, online marketing tools, and best practices
- Highly creative yet process-driven and relies on data to make decisions
- Strong project management skills and experience working in a deadline-driven work environment
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Proven experience evaluating and negotiating media placements
- Attention to detail for precise analysis of data
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with teams and collaborate
- Time management and multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Common Threads offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 15 days of paid-time off, 16 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays and benefits which include medical, dental, vision, Employee Assistance Program, and a 401(K) with company match
- Common Threads employees are subject to a background check prior to employment
- This is a full time position and maintains a traditional work week schedule (generally 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday), but may require some weekend and evening work for special events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use close vision, distance vision, and be able to adjust focus; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or move supplies weighing up to 25 pounds.
About Common Threads:
Common Threads is a nonprofit that teaches children and families cooking and nutrition education to encourage health and wellness. We are national in scope, with strong roots in each of our 11 major program locations, reaching 30,000 children, parents and teachers in 2020-2021. We equip under-resourced communities with information to make affordable, nutritious and appealing food choices wherever they live, work, learn, and play.
We know that food is rooted in culture and tradition, so we promote diversity in our lessons and recipes. We believe that adequate and healthy food contributes to wellbeing. For more information, visit our website or Common Threads’ social media accounts (@CommonThreadsOrg on Instagram and @CommonThreadsUS on Twitter).
Common Threads’ EEO Statement:
Common Threads provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Common Threads complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Common Threads expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Common Threads’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Salary : $50,000 Annually