[Hiring] Director, Machine Learning at hims & hers
Date PostedJanuary 11, 2024
Hims & hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike.
Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
About the Role:
Imagine directing a world-class Machine Learning team on a path towards truly personalized medicine. This could be your reality by applying for this pivotal role!
We’re looking for a Director to lead our machine learning engineering team toward the forefront of personalized medicine and help us re-write the rule book on what’s possible in healthcare.
In this role, you will work with data scientists, analysts, product managers, engineers, and others to conceptualize and implement data-driven products that help advance our mission to eliminate stigmas and break down barriers to healthcare access.
You’ll be in good company, working closely with our leading-edge Data Science team and sit within the wider Analytics and Data Science org. Giving you the opportunity to collaborate widely and work with a range of professionals in tackling novel problems. We have the data and the team, now we just need a superstar Director to guide our explosive technical development. Could that be you?
- Lead a team of four Machine Learning Engineers in developing ML solutions across marketing, product, and operations as well as specific models to tackle medical recommendations
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, product managers, and designers to build machine-learning based systems
- Help guide decisions based on your knowledge of the data and statistical applications
- Tackle novel challenges in predicting and prescribing personalized medicine to individuals
- Bring a broad awareness of the landscape of ML and AI-based tools for solving common end-user problems (e.g. recommendation systems, prediction, generative AI)
- Guide our strategy in machine learning and data use at large
- 10+ years working in data science or machine learning with a proven record of incremental changes that improved product metrics with machine learning technologies
- Proven experience leading a technical team of Machine Learning Engineers or an advanced Data Science team
- Solid background in machine learning fundamentals, modeling techniques and productionizing machine learning models
- Intimate familiarity with modern data science and machine learning tool stack
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
Outlined below is a reasonable estimate of H&H’s compensation range for this role.
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address.