[Hiring] Documentation Specialist/Technical Writer (WordPress Software Plugins) at Gravity Form
Date PostedJanuary 18, 2024
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
Rocketgenius are looking for someone with a demonstrable knack for translating complex concepts into clear, concise documentation. A skilled communicator with a passion for technology, we want you to have some experience with Gravity Forms, and a demonstrated comfort working within a fast-moving product development process while always advocating for the accuracy, clarity and completeness of product documentation.
About Us: We are a leading provider of WordPress software plugins. Our cutting-edge solutions empower website owners, developers, and businesses to create powerful, feature-rich website forms that can be tailored through a myriad of extensive options to suit their to their unique business needs.
As a good candidate, you will be able to demonstrate competence in all of these areas:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Solo writing experience in service of a software product line.
- Familiarity with WordPress and its ecosystem, including plugins and themes.
- An ability to write for a few differing audiences:
- Casual product users, looking for process guides to perform standard form related tasks.
- Experienced users, often independent website developers or agencies, who need to satisfy more complex use cases using more advanced offerings such as hooks/filters and custom code.
- Third-party product developers looking to develop products within our Gravity Forms ecosystem that require technical reference materials for APIs, objects and methods etc.
- Be comfortable setting up and maintaining a local WordPress test environment that can be used to investigate and test plugins scheduled for upcoming release.
- Experience with Github, such as being able to pull down PRs, building and switching branches.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, and an ability to self-motivate, work independently, keep comprehensive notes, and meet scheduled deadlines.
- The capability to work in a time zone mostly compatible with U.S. business hours. Although your work may often be solo (and can be executed unrestricted by time of day), your fact-gathering processes do require a lot of team interactions.
As a GREAT candidate, you will be able to show expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- A high level of existing knowledge with Gravity Forms and its family of add-ons.
- Some knowledge of, or experience with, Gravity Flow.
- Experience authoring posts within a modern WordPress editor environment.
- Previous experience as a software engineer.
- Experience working within an agile software production or software testing environment, especially one with many remote resources.
- Experience in a technical support role that helped you better understand customer needs, and develop a friendly–yet direct–writing style.
- A process improvement mindset that demonstrably helped you to:
- improve documentation practices that resulted in time or money saved.
- establish or improve the standards for documentation that helped guide a team or organization.
- A competitive salary.
- Comprehensive health cover for full-time US employees.
- Some flexibility with work hours.
- Very flexible PTO
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- The opportunity to make a strong contribution in a small but dedicated team.
If you’re passionate about technology, have a knack for explaining complex ideas in simple terms, and want to contribute to the success of an innovative WordPress software plugins company, we’d love to hear from you!