[Hiring] Engineering Manager for Sora Union at All Turtles
Date PostedOctober 24, 2023
Experience5 Years plus
Talent is everywhere, opportunity is not. Sora Union changes that.
Sora Union is a professional services company specializing in design, localization and QA projects for businesses, organizations and governments. The Sora Union team is globally-distributed and made up of diverse and talented professionals impacted by or at risk of displacement due to conflict or climate change.
As a Engineering Manager for Sora Union, you will oversee the work of engineers and other technical staff within an organisation, ensure that projects are completed on time, and coordinate cross-functional teams.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Leading the engineering team
- Directing and supporting the evaluation of projects
- Monitoring project progress, preparing and communicating regular reports for clients and stakeholders
- Initiating and managing process improvements
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Managing materials and equipment operations
- Collaborating closely with other teams such as Design, Localization, QA engineering, etc.
IDEALLY, YOU’LL HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role such as Staff Engineer
- Proven supervisory and technical skills
- Strong project management skills, including experience in developing and managing clients, cross-functional project plans, budgets, and staffing
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and dive in with other engineers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including building strong relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Experience coordinating cross-functional distributed teams
- Experience in the Financial Services or Medical Tech sector is a plus
- Solid experience working with Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid methodologies
- Strong leadership skills
- Problem-solving and agile mindset
- Ability to identify, assess and manage risks and issues
- Strong sense of ownership, proactive, self-motivated, hands-on, and organized approach to work
- Experience of working in startups is a huge plus
The Engineering Manager role is a full-time, initially 6-month contract position, and we intend to convert it to a full-time employment relationship. This role is a distributed position and can be based in any location.
Sora Union is committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.