[Hiring] Frontend Engineer (Product Engineering, Europe) at Neon
Date PostedFebruary 9, 2024
Experience3 Years plus
Neon is a multi-cloud Serverless Postgres provider that is designed to make Postgres developers more productive in the cloud. We manage clusters, storage, and compute automatically, so all you need to do is connect and develop.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our Core Products Team. In this role you will focus on bringing new features to the Neon Console (web app for managing Neon projects) and contribute to our design system. It’s a great opportunity to collaborate with a small, closely-knit team and make a big impact on our users, many of whom work on jam stack applications.
Time zone: GMT – GMT+3
- Make Neon’s applications better every day (web application for users, UI Kit, and some internal tools)
- Collaborate with other team members to improve the product’s architecture and engineering practices
- Design and implement new features so that our product can stay ahead of the market
- Write clean, readable code to make it easier for your colleagues to conduct code reviews
- Expand our footprint by interviewing and hiring great software engineers
- Drive excellence through the team and implement the world’s best practices
- Participate in the on-call rotation
We’re looking for someone who has
- Track record of developing apps with React, Typescript, and Webpack
- Experience working with a custom design system in your previous projects as a user and/or as a contributor
- Strong fundamentals of Computer Science / Experience with backend
- A motto to stay up to date with the newest trends in the world of web technologies
- Attention to detail and great problem-solving skills
- Passion for excellence, outstanding communication skills
- Experience working in a fully remote global team
- Fluency in English
It would be great if you have
- Worked with frontend infrastructure before (page loading performance, building frameworks for tests, design systems)
- Experience with open-source projects and developing publicly
Neon is building open-source cloud-native PostgreSQL. Our architecture separates storage from compute, allowing for stateless and serverless Postgres. We’re a well funded startup with deep knowledge of Postgres internals and decades of experience building databases. We are a systems company; we work on low-level code with strict performance and correctness requirements.
Neon was created by a team of Postgres hackers, and led by CEO Nikita Shamgunov (co-founder of SingleStore). Neon is built on open-source principles and is focused on giving back to the Postgres and developer communities.
- We are a distributed team of 85 people working from 28 countries (concentrating around North America and Europe time zones)
- We are a team built on open sources cultural principles (transparency, contribution, accountability, proactivity)
- Team with decades of experience building databases and deep knowledge of Postgres internals. We are deeply technical
- We have experienced Postgres committers and hackers on the team (check Heikki, Anastasia, Arseny, Matthias profiles)
- We believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source
- We aim for a diversity of thoughts and backgrounds
- We are keen to be a fast-moving flat org and avoid hierarchical structures
- Top-tier investors backed up Neon’s vision:
- We raised $104 million in funding from Menlo Ventures, GGV, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, Founders Fund.
- Venture vehicles of Snowflake and Databricks invested in Neon.
- Our angels investors are prominent technologists, and ecosystem players. More than 20 awesome angels supported Neon, including Nat Friedman, Elad Gil, Mike Ovitz, Ajeet Singh, Guillermo Rauch, Søren Brammer Schmidt, and Wes McKinney.
- Our Board includes Quentin Clark, Glenn Solomon, Joe Morrissey, and Tim Tully.
- You have an opportunity to be an early employee in the fast-scaling ambitious team
- You can work 100% remote: we’ll handle all formalities to arrange work from your home
- We pay top of the market in most parts of the world
- We grant equity (stock options) for all full-time hires
- We offer a competitive benefits package in line with all tech companies (top-notch equipment, unlimited vacations, paid parental leaves, and much more)
- We are distributed, yet make our bonds during regular offsites (the last one was in Barcelona)