[Hiring] Full Stack Developer for Sora Union at All Turtles
Date PostedOctober 24, 2023
Experience4 Years plus
Talent is everywhere, opportunity is not. Sora Union changes that.
Our goal is to hire the best talent available, regardless of where they live.
Sora Union is a professional services company specializing in design and localization projects for businesses, organizations, and governments. The Sora Union team is globally-distributed and made up of diverse and talented professionals impacted by or at-risk of displacement due to conflict or climate change.
We’re looking for someone who loves both design leadership and hands-on design work, and is excited to contribute to the culture and philosophy of an early-stage distributed company.
We’re only able to accomplish all of this with the right combination of processes and people. And that’s where you come in.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer with 4+ years of experience to join our distributed team of creative professionals. Your technical skill, passion for programming, and ability to navigate both front-end and back-end technologies will greatly enhance our team’s ability to deliver innovative solutions. We look forward to having you on board!
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Design, develop, and implement front end interfaces and backend solutions.
- Work closely with project managers and other team members to meet project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Develop robust, scalable software that can handle high volumes of traffic.
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams to define, design, and implement new features.
- Participate in code reviews to uphold high-quality code and design standards.
- Troubleshoot, debug and enhance existing systems.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and propose how to utilize them to improve our products.
IDEALLY, YOU’LL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer.
- Strong knowledge of web frameworks like React/Nextjs, Vue.js/Nuxt or Svelte/Svelte Kit and server-side frameworks like Node.js or Nestjs.
- Experience with REST, Graphql or TRPC.
- Proficiency with databases (SQL and NoSQL).
- Experience with cloud services like AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The Full Stack Developer role is a full-time, 6 month contract position initially. This role is a distributed position, and can be based in any location.
Sora Union is committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process