[Hiring] Head of Communications and Social Media at Tempo
Date PostedFebruary 9, 2024
Experience5 Years plus
Tempo are leaders in the portfolio management space. After years of successful growth, we’re now setting our sights on rapid expansion, and our community and public relations are central to our plans. This is where you come in.
We need a Communications lead who will cover PR/Comms, social media, and influencer marketing. You should live and breathe our industry, understand our audience as well as anyone else in the business, and produce and publish content that captures and commands attention.
Reporting into the Director of Corporate and Content Strategy, and working closely with your marketing peers, you’ll own the communications strategy, and help us reach our comms goals. This role is perhaps suited to a Senior Manager looking to take a step up in their career, owning and driving the entire strategy for a $100M ARR business.
We are ideally looking for a candidate on the east coast of the US. Your team will be remote, but mostly based in the US and Europe.
- Develop and execute the communications strategy, increasing brand awareness and driving engagement with the Tempo community.
- Liaise with our PR agency and work on our media relations strategy and related content.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with media contacts and key influencers.
- Manage multiple social media accounts with a particular focus on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube. Create social assets and/or brief the design team, to ensure content is fresh.
- Develop high impact PR assets, including press releases, content, and imagery. Work with internal stakeholders to repurpose existing content and increase engagement.
- Analyze and report on communications performance, using metrics to inform and adjust strategy as needed in order to engage and grow the community.
- Stay up-to-date with trends and technologies in social media and public relations, and evaluate new opportunities for the brand that can drive growth and enhance community building.
- 5+ years of experience managing communications for a tech brand with a track record of growth, and building and engaging online communities. Experience in PR/Comms, and running social media accounts is a must.
- Proven track record designing and delivering successful PR campaigns.
- Ability to cultivate a strong network of media contacts.
- Creative thinker with a solid understanding of the media landscape in our market, giving you the ability to match the story to the market.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, especially with an editorial lens, ensuring our message is consistent, without being dull.
- Autonomous worker who is able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and adjust the communications strategy as needed.
- Knowledge of best practices for social media and tools and public relations, including current social algorithms and trends.
Nice to have
- Experience and contacts in the portfolio management and/or Atlassian space.
- Experience managing social channels through Sprout Social.
- Adobe suite (e.g. Canva) and/or ability to effectively brief our design team on social assets
- Influencer marketing experience.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Remote team and flexible working
- Healthcare, internet stipend, onboarding budget (free headphone ftw)
- Witty and intelligent boss who writes killer JDs
Today more than 30,000 customers worldwide use Tempo Software products to optimize how teams work – with strategic roadmapping, project, and resource & cost management—so they can focus on their organization’s highest priorities. More than 15% of all Jira customers use Tempo, including more than one in three of the Fortune 500, and close to 500 million tracked events have flowed through our solutions.
Customers purchase through the Atlassian Marketplace, via one of hundreds of solution partners across the globe, or directly from us. We are proud of our product adoption and business momentum; operating far north of the “Rule of 40” with 30%+ YoY ARR growth rates while continuing to invest heavily in innovation for continued market expansion. In 2022 we were named Atlassian Partner of the Year for Enterprise App Services, and we continue to be one of the highest ranked and most heavily used solutions out there.
Tempo Software is headquartered in Boston with offices in Reykjavík and Montreal and more than 300 team members in a variety of locations worldwide. The company started as an innovative product inside the Icelandic company, Origo, was spun out as a standalone company, and accelerated global expansion with help from our growth equity investor, Diversis Capital. Already one of the largest vendors in the Atlassian Marketplace, the Company has ambitions to bring solutions to other ecosystems.
At Tempo Software, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an inclusive culture. As such all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.