[Hiring] Head of Marketing at Darkroom
Date PostedOctober 11, 2023
We’re building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it.
Darkroom is a strategic marketing agency with unique access to specialized talent across the globe. Our main function is to provide growth strategy, dedicated team staffing, and profitability consulting to enhance the value of our clients. A category leader in results-driven growth marketing, Darkroom’s success is attributed to our unique partnership model, rooted in small, nimble, and dedicated teams – powered by our proprietary MarketingOS.
Taking the startup mindset to the agency space, the collective expertise of our team of entrepreneurs and senior digital marketers are deeply aware of the newest trends in digital marketing. Our learned experience has allowed us to take clients (and internal ventures) from $0 to millions in revenue in just a few months. We work with game-changing brands: Crate & Barrel, Popchips, FEED, Olipop, & CALPAK, to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Can effectively understand and digest vision of the founders to create strategic marketing roadmaps that grow audience, maintain brand integrity, deliver to brand standards, and grow revenue.
- Highly adept at coordinating multiple marketing channel activities including in person events, webinars, newsletters, all major social networks, and paid acquisition campaigns.
- Responsible for coordinating directly with the cofounders to communicate sales and product value propositions into marketing calendars that develop agency edge (competitive advantage) in a thoughtful way.
- Responsible for a small team of designers, video editors, and marketers to deliver outsized marketing content that evangelizes the agency.
- Develops go to market strategies that equip sales with the education needed to scale revenue.
- Highly skilled at articulating complex problems and service capabilities into digestible solutions.
- Highly adept at coordinating marketing channel activities including in person events, webinars, newsletters, all major social networks, and paid acquisition campaigns.
- Deploy ongoing web pages for specific initiatives.
- Responsible for data analytics of all marketing activities, reporting on those results, and adjusting marketing activities based on signal.
- Coordinates with sales and partnerships team to organize events, promote partnerships, and support the sales motion of the agency.
- Responsible for coordinating company Dark Social strategy, ensuring content writing is being delivered consistently among company employees on LinkedIn.
- Responsible for coordinating marketing efforts with our Education Lead, who is managing our University curriculum.
You should apply if this sounds like you:
- 7+ years of experience in content marketing, growth marketing with experience in B2C and B2B sectors
- Deep domain expertise in the commerce industry, with specific focus and understanding of dark social, growth marketing, and changing consumer tracking.
- Passionate about advertising, commerce, and building the best agency and the future of B2C advertising.
- Experience using Notion, Google Drive, Hubspot, and all major ad channels.
- Experience producing a podcast, producing events, or managing a Youtube page.
- Taste level to match the agency standard.
- Hyper Organized with personal tasks, team project management, and OKRs.
- Growth minded with a consistent drive to do better.
- You can take critical feedback in the pursuit of becoming a better marketer and contributor.
- You are comfortable in an environment defined by radical transparency.
What it’s like to work at Darkroom:
We’re building the future of advertising and are looking for the minds to help us do it. We only seek out the best—from our clients to our people. Our team is our most sacred asset, and we offer highly competitive salaries and the following perks:
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Holidays: Rebooting is one of the most important parts of growth. At Darkroom, you have access to a flexible vacation policy and 10 holidays throughout the year to keep you recharged and sharp.
- Location, location, (or no) location: Remote-first culture with a strong community base. With Hubs in LA, SF, New York, Philly, Lisbon, and Eastern Europe.
- Health & Wellness: Company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision benefits with, so you can stay as healthy as can be.
- Finances, growth, and retirement: After one year with Darkroom, we deliver a robust 401k program with company match, equity incentives, and a profit-sharing opportunity so we can help you save as the company grows.
- Endless opportunities for growth: Our agency is founded on an interdisciplinary approach, giving Darkroomers insights into services far beyond your job description. Grow your skills and interests beyond your niche and stay at the forefront of the industry through total immersion in cross-functional collaboration.
Our Hiring Process and Compensation:
The hiring process for this position typically follows five stages. We offer competitive salaries which will be discussed further upon a phone interview.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Darkroom is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements