[Hiring] Head of Marketing at Squarespace
Date PostedNovember 6, 2023
At Squarespace, our platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, design-forward, and easy-to-manage online presence. From our headquarters in NYC, and our teams based in London, Amsterdam, Dublin and Sydney we are working to grow our international reach and bring the future of online publishing to a worldwide audience.
We are looking for an accomplished marketing leader to create and guide the strategic direction and operational execution of our expansion in the Asian-Pacific region. As we broaden our expansion focus to include APAC, you will lead a team focused on our priority markets in the region, will hire and manage local agencies, and will work with the marketing team and other SQSP teams to plan & execute localized go-to-market plans including Culture & Community Projects, Communications, CRM, Paid Media, and Product Marketing efforts.
This role is based in Sydney, Australia and will report to our NYC-based VP of GTM & International Marketing. You will work hybrid remote and in a co-working space.
You’ll Get To…
- Create and lead the strategic direction and operational execution of our expansion in APAC
- Build Squarespace’s cultural relevance through the planning and execution of strategic Community & Culture programs
- Build and manage the APAC marketing team to implement holistic marketing plans.
- Hire and manage local partners or resources (briefing, providing strategic direction, executional oversight) and active partners, customers and vendors to secure their collaboration in marketing initiatives, including the monitoring and tracking of projects from start to finish
- Drive growth and impact across all major international indicators: customers, revenue, conversion, marketing ROI, LTV, and retention
What We’re Looking For
- 7-10+ years of broad-based marketing experience, in consumer tech or a related industry
- Success launching products in new markets without an existing presence
- Experience managing agency partners
- Extensive knowledge across digital and traditional marketing channels
- Understand product market fit, competitive insights, customer behavior, consumer media consumption, trends, and consumer insights to deeply understand our APAC consumer and develop insight-driven marketing
- Understanding of localization and how cultural perspectives influence go-to-market plans
- Language ability in Japanese, Chinese, or Korean is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Flexible paid time off
- All statutory leaves, as required
- Equity plan for all employees
- Education reimbursements
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business.
Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. Our Commitment
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees.
At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.