[Hiring] Lead Data Analyst at Tempo
Date PostedFebruary 9, 2024
Experience3 Years plus
The purpose of the Tempo Analytics Team is uncovering deep insight into our customer and user base, and delivering meaningful, relevant, and measurable intelligence to business leadership. Our team’s goal is maturing the analytic capabilities of the entire organization, and realizing what is possible with the incredible amount of business, user, and customer data Tempo generates.
We’re looking for a Lead Data Analyst that is intellectually curious, thorough in their attention to detail, and driven to realize the full potential of growth, marketing and sales analytics. You will partner with the product, engineering, marketing and growth teams to provide meaningful insights and impactful recommendations to drive data informed initiatives and decision making. You are technically adept with a good eye for business, and passionate about making an impact through creative storytelling and timely actions.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You enjoy building analytics capabilities from scratch, and delivering meaningful insights to your business partners that drive key go to market initiatives
- You are inventive, independent, and passionate about having a huge impact on a new team.
- You strike a balance between technical literacy and business savvy.
- You love telling stories with data, and care greatly for the truths that high fidelity data reveal about our customers and products.
- You are passionate about utilizing and/or learning to use a best in class analytics tech stack, including BigQuery, Looker, Fivetran, HIghtouch, Amplitude and dbt.
- Partner with business owners across the company (product, growth, engineering, marketing etc.) to extract and analyze data from our centralized data warehouse.
- Build scalable and extensible processes for live reporting and dashboards.
- Routinely write efficient, legible, commented, and reproducible code.
- Investigate and analyze new data sources to discover business value hidden in our data.
- Work closely with data engineers in order to automate the collection and analysis of the raw data required for the models you build.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify and track key program performance indicators, and ensure the results contribute to overall company, product, customer, and Quarterly goals
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the growth and marketing teams.
- 3+ years of experience in data, analytics or similar domains
- 3+ years using SQL/Python or other querying language
- 3+ years of experience in managing large cross-functional projects
- Knowledgeable of relational data models
- Experience working with data warehousing concepts, terminology and architecture.
- Structured analytical approach to problem solving.
- Extraordinary degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Comfortable in a loosely structured and ambiguous problem solving environment.
- Knowledge of Growth metrics and use of SaaS Pirate metrics, calculations, and definitions (AARRR)
- Experience using any of the following (or similar) tools in our tech stack – BigQuery, Salesforce, Braze, Looker, Fivetran, Hightouch, dbt
What’s In It For You (Org-wide)
- Hybrid or Remote work!
- If you’re close to one of our 4 Hubs: Boston, Montreal, Reykjavik or Toronto; feel free to use the space and catch up with the local team(s)
- Unlimited vacation in most of our locations!!
- Great benefits including health, dental, vision and savings plan.
- Perks such as training reimbursement, WFH reimbursement, and more.
- Diverse and dynamic teams with challenging and exciting work.
- An opportunity to have a real impact on our business.
- A great range of social activities (both in person and virtual).
- Optional in person meet-ups and the ability to travel to our international offices
- Employee referral program
- And so much more!!
Note: As our hiring teams are global, please submit your resume in English only.
At Tempo we’re on a mission to help teams build better, together. We are creators of top-selling Atlassian Marketplace apps, supporting more than 29,000 customers and working with hundreds of Solutions Partners globally. Our solutions help customers orchestrate creation and delivery, so their teams can focus and optimize around their highest priorities.
Our product suite has grown from our popular time-tracking solution, which launched in Iceland in 2009, to resource & capacity planning, project cost tracking, project & program management, and strategic roadmapping. In 2021, Tempo acquired Roadmunk, a roadmapping solution popular with product management teams, and ALM Works, creators of the Structure for Jira suite that delights project and program managers around the world.
We envision a world where everyone inside an organization works in harmony on the most impactful opportunities aligned with their mission. Come join us as we continuously innovate our award-winning products, create new solutions, and expand to new ecosystems. Are you ready to unlock the joy of building with us?
At Tempo Software, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an inclusive culture. As such all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.