[Hiring] Machine Learning Research Intern at Flyx
Date PostedOctober 5, 2023
Flyx (flyx.ai) is an AI research company building a suite of LLM-based consumer applications. Founded by a team of second-time founders who collectively raised ~$1 billion for their previous companies, Flyx is incubating cutting-edge consumer LLM products.
Flyx’s founding team comes from Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, the Thiel Fellowship, and includes 3 YC founders. We are hot off the heels of our $7.5M seed raise led by Daniel Gross and Felicis Ventures.
This Machine Learning Research Internship is part of Flyx’s In-School Engineer (ISE) program. The ISE program allows students pursuing a 4-year degree in engineering or business to work at Flyx for 1-year in conjunction of their schooling. During the program, ISE’s are challenged as regular full-time employees and are evaluated for full-time promotion upon graduation.
More about the ISE program:
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate schooling
- Opportunity to work in the Puerto Rico summer house and travel on work getaways to Paris and Taiwan
- No credentialism – junior developers do senior level work
- Full-time equivalent pay for people who are still in school
- Start-up Culture – hacker mentality with fast shipping speeds
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a Machine Learning Research Intern to develop and fine-tune LLM (Language Model) chatbots for their no-code internal tooling platform. Experience in training LLM models, building training pipelines, and all things gradient descent is preferred, but not required.
An interest in generative AI, large language models is a plus!
- Train open-source and custom LLM’s.
- Deliver user-impactful features with LLM’s.
- Work on model testing to ensure non-regression.
- Python Experience Required
- Pytorch Experience Required
- Tensorflow Experience Required
- Familiarity with pre-trained models, such as GPT-J, GPT-NEOX, and experience fine-tuning them for specific use cases Required
- GPU Infra Experience Preferred
- Competitive salary
- Significant equity available for early team members
- Remote-work with opportunity for team travel
- Flexible PTO