[Hiring] Manager, Customer Support Engineering at Catalyst
Date PostedOctober 10, 2023
Experience5 Years plus
Catalyst is the world’s most intuitive Customer Success Platform (CSP), and was built by an experienced group of industry leaders. Our software integrates with the tools that CS teams are already using to provide one centralized view of customer data. Post sales teams can subsequently take the right actions to prevent churn, increase product adoption, and align the entire organization on a unified workflow to manage customers throughout their journey. Catalyst helps organizations turn Customer Success into a company-wide mission.
As the Manager, Customer Support Engineering, you will oversee the day-to-day functional needs of the Catalyst Support function. You and your team will directly liaise with our customers, ensuring that each interaction ends with our customers mastering a part of our product that they didn’t understand before.
You will own the resolution of complex customer issues, drive process and tool efficiencies, create meaningful documentation and create a world-class team work environment! You will have the opportunity to shape the future of customer support at Catalyst by partnering closely with our engineering, product, and customer success teams. This is one of the most critical roles at Catalyst and is an exceptional opportunity to bring your experience working in a lean, high-paced environment to build out an incredible support program.
As a Manager, you will lead by example, supporting your team in the delivery of best-in-class support. You will be responsible for managing team performance, ensuring completion of key internal tasks, and strategizing with CS leadership on new and innovative ways to build the business. You will have the opportunity to manage a partner relationship and determine how best to structure our support organization to be highly efficient without compromising our quality standards. This is the role for an individual with a passion for customer experience, building in a lean environment, elevating their team, and not afraid to roll their sleeves up and work in the queue.
This is an incredibly unique opportunity to bring your support management experience to take on a critical manager role, taking on key organizational responsibilities in a fast-paced, growing environment!
What You’ll Do
- Own, administer, and optimize our support ticketing system – Zendesk, working closely with the Customer Success team to diagnose and troubleshoot real-time issues
- Evaluate, define, operationalize, and own the customer escalation process ensuring we are working closely with engineering to prioritize and resolve critical issues
- Accountable for ensuring the documentation, organization, and prioritization of frontline bugs, user experience feedback, Support processes + feature requests
- Accountable for partnering with Engineering to ensure ongoing 100% SLA attainment + CSAT
- Represent the customer in cross functional meetings and planning to ensure the entire organization has a deep understanding of the most critical issues impacting the customer base
- Provide functional coaching and mentorship in support of Support team members growth and development here at Catalyst through regular 1:1 meetings with team members
- Manage queue staffing according to established hours of service and provide oversight for P0 issues in off hours
- Support CS leadership through performance management reviews and conversations with members of your team
- Manage day-to-day relationship + ensuring performance expectations are upheld for external vendors
- Act as an advisor to CS leadership and the broader business, bringing insights, learnings and recommendations as to how we can ensure we’re delivering at the highest standard of excellence
- Highlight the wins and learnings of the Support team internally and cross-functionally, advocating for the performance of your team across the business
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a customer-facing Support role
- 1-2 years experience managing a technical support organization
- Experience supporting CRM, CSP or revenue stack SaaS applications
Ability to troubleshoot complex Integration issues for different Platforms that can Integrate with Catalyst (ie. Salesforce, Zendesk, Jira, Google Cloud Storage, Snowflake, Redshift, S3, Pendo, Segment, Mixpanel, etc)
- Ability to triage and organize requests from multiple teams
- Experience managing direct reports as well as partners
- Intellectual curiosity – you’re constantly looking to learn! – coupled with a passion for creative, strategic problem-solving
- Ability to articulate confidence, experience, and comfort in prescribing a plan to internal and external stakeholders to ensure everyone’s success
- Strong communication and organization skills; translating technical speak comes naturally to you
- A passion for coaching and a desire to uplevel those around you
- Exceptional ability to influence & drive action through others, coupled with the ability to be a proficient listener
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Highly competitive compensation package, including equity – everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- Open vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need – we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
- Annual education stipend, to ensure that you’re continuously expanding your skill set
- Monthly wellness stipend, to ensure that you’re taking care of both your physical & mental health
- Monthly remote team-building events, including game nights, trivia, cooking/mixology classes, and more!
Salary information: The estimated base salary range for this position is $124,000 – $145,000 USD. Additionally, we offer a competitive equity package and comprehensive benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, experience and location.
Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.