[Hiring] Manager, CX Workforce Management at Headway
Date PostedDecember 20, 2023
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
Headway is looking for an experienced Workforce Manager to oversee forecasting, planning, staffing optimization and reporting for our CX team. Our CX team is the tip of the spear that will make affordable healthcare a reality for millions, and you will be there to shape this experience. This is a unique opportunity in an industry that needs to be rebuilt.
In this position, you will play a critical role in building the CX organization’s workforce management function to support our internal and external (BPO) teams. You’ll create the infrastructure for our capacity planning, forecasting and scheduling to ensure we have the right agents, in the right place, at the right time. You’ll also lead real-time adherence (RTA) efforts to optimize staffing, create pivotal dashboards and reports, and identify opportunities to improve agent productivity.
As an analyst, you’ll evaluate “what if” scenarios and provide insights that empower and enable the CX team to run our operations more effectively and efficiently.
The person in this role is analytical, operationally excellent, and unflappable in a fast-moving environment. You will play a key role in improving the foundation that allows us to deliver on key metrics like response time, productivity, and forecast accuracy.
As a workforce manager, you will build a long-term strategic vision for Headway’s workforce operations and work with the CX team to pursue Headway’s vision for the best-in-class provider and client experience.
Own all forecasting and planning
- Build short- and long-term forecasts that accurately predict contact arrival patterns (email/chat/phone), headcount needs, and operational costs
- Update forecast with actual results, adjusting based on current trends, goals, staffing levels and market conditions
- Monitor, track, analyze results and provide insights versus budget and forecasts to understand trends and identify process improvement opportunities
- Work with cross-functional partners to coordinate new provider- and patient-facing initiative forecasts and staffing ramp ups
Optimize CX staffing
- Oversee real time adherence (RTA) to schedule and make changes as needed, including Playlist management
- Oversee CXA scheduling, accounting for trainings, meetings, coaching sessions, events and activities
- Recommend new training classes, both internally and externally
- Advise BPO management regarding staffing and scheduling
- Collaborate with CX leadership team to deliver productivity improvements
Oversee workforce data and reporting
- Manage WFM reporting strategies and processes for internal and external teams
- Produce executive level reporting and analysis for service level and productivity metrics
- Provide daily, biweekly, and monthly intraday performance and historical trends reporting to leadership
- Develop and provide agent, supervisor, and manager reporting/dashboards designed to support performance management
You’d be a great fit if…
- At least 6-8 years of experience in Workforce Management in a Customer Support organization, with 3 years of leadership experience
- You have a deep passion for the customer experience with a proven track record of driving innovation and optimization in a fast-paced tech environment
- You thrive in ambiguity, and seek out opportunities to dive into unfamiliar challenges, drive towards outcomes, and shape strategy.
- You have a strong understanding of CX metrics, processes and tools
- You are a natural “builder” and enjoy the challenge of figuring something out for the first time
- You have a bias to action towards driving and implementing process improve quality and increase efficiency
- You’re an analytical and creative problem solver: you dig into challenges, quantify them, and create “handmade” solutions
- You can connect the dots with a data-driven approach to optimize the customer experience
- You have passion for Headway’s mission
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role and is differentiated based on geographic location (Group A, B, or C)
Group A: $150,000
- Group B: $135,000
- Group C: $120,000
- Examples of cities located in each Compensation Grouping:
- Group A = NYC/Tri-State Area, SF/Bay Area, LA Area, Seattle, Boston, Austin, and San Diego
- Group B = Chicago, Miami, Denver, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Nashville, Sacramento, Phoenix, and Portland
- Group C = All remaining cities
- Benefits offered include:
- Equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team’s strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem – across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.