[Hiring] Operations Coordinator at Kaizen
Date PostedOctober 17, 2023
Kaizen, a Tetra Tech Company is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities.
We aspire to transform the nature and impact of international development and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change. Kaizen is currently seeking a full-time Operations Coordinator to join our team, preferably starting in October/November 2023.
This position will sit within Kaizen’s Corporate Team primarily supporting HR and Program Management with operational functions. The role is best suited for a detail-oriented individual with strong organizational and written/oral communication skills. The Operations Coordinator must be comfortable working independently. The position requires a full-time commitment of 40 hours per week. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Support and manage Kaizen’s corporate travel program by working with staff and travel agency representatives
- Support and manage associate/internship program including recruitment, onboarding, and daily management of the program
- Provide administrative and logistical support to various functions that fall under Kaizen’s corporate operations including the update and maintenance of company-wide processes and procedures
- Contribute to the development and systemization of Kaizen’s onboarding and training of new hires
- Support recruitment efforts lead by select hiring managers
- Contribute to knowledge management initiatives
- Provide light administrative support to COO and PM Director
- Provide support to Kaizen’s Human Resources team
- Support Kaizen’s strategic corporate objectives
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 1 year of directly relevant experience.
- Must be a US citizen/permanent resident or must have visa allowing work for any employer
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs including word, excel, SharePoint (preferred)
- The ideal candidate:
- Is an entrepreneurial self-starter, and works well without excessive supervision
- Is a good communicator
- Is efficient, detail-oriented, and well organized
- Has an interest in developing a career in operations, human resources, or international development
- Can prioritize and manage competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen’s office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening.
In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives.
We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.