[Hiring] Organic Social Media Lead at Lume Deodorant
Date PostedFebruary 6, 2024
Experience4 Years plus
Lume is on a mission to normalize body odor beyond the pits and provide people with outrageously effective solutions so they never have to think twice about odor! Our Whole Body Deodorants can be used for any unwanted odor—from pits, to privates and beyond.
It’s doctor-developed, made with skin-safe ingredients that are gentle enough for the most sensitive parts and clinically proven to control any external B.O. for 72 hours. In 2023, we launched a men’s line called Mando. Mando uses the same technology as Lume but has different scent profiles.
We are a 6-year-old fast growing, omni-channel deodorant and personal care brand that’s transforming the way that humans do hygiene. We joined forces with Harry’s, another disruptive brand with great people and infrastructure, to accelerate our growth. We are a team of self-starters that roll up our sleeves and get it done. Our style is collaborative and very fast-paced so an adaptive personality is a must.
About the Role
We are seeking a strategic, analytical, and growth-oriented social marketer to join our team. In this role, you will support us in building best-in-class organic strategies that deliver compelling, engaging, and informational content. Successful candidates will enjoy all aspects of social media marketing from large strategic planning to execution of individual posts. This role will work across both of our brands, Lume & Mando.
- Set specific, measurable goals for how organic social can drive a meaningful positive impact (e.g., increase awareness of Lume/Mando, deepen customers’ understanding of our products and connection to our brand, etc).
- Develop an organic social strategy that will grow our organic social presence by a substantial amount across the next year (measured by views, engagement, followers, and/or website traffic).
- Create, maintain, and execute a social media calendar for each of our brands with a consistent posting schedule that resonates with our audience and hits key marketing moments for each brand.
- Work with our Creative team and internal content creators to produce social-first content for each of our brands that shares the product in a fun way while also educating the audience and building awareness.
- Regularly pitch new content ideas for testing based on post comments, engagement trends, and overall organic social insights.
- Ability to produce (or assist other team members on producing) high-performing social content a PLUS.
- Identify emerging social media trends, key topics, and cultural moments that our brand could potentially lean into, where it makes sense.
- Be the social media expert maintaining a cutting edge understanding of best practices, features, strategies, and tactics for all social channels.
- Stay on top of social account data reports, performance trends, and competitor activity; consistently optimize strategy as needed
- Define KPIs for organic social media that serve as leading indicators of progress towards achieving our goals.
- Constantly push a mindset of rapid testing and learning, with a pulse on emerging trends—always have an informed perspective on why they do or don’t matter for us.
- Share actionable social media insights with the marketing team to inform social and broader marketing strategy.
- Engage with users daily on social media to build our online community and partner with our customer service team on issues that may arise.
- Maintain tracking documents of organic brand mentions & any outreach
- Help identify potential creator content for partnerships and marketing usage rights
- 4-6 years of experience in organic social media marketing, preferably for a DTC startup, (wellness or beauty industry experience a plus)
- Professional experience defining a brand’s organic strategy and meaningfully growing overall engagement volume, followership, and business impact over time
- Deep understanding of how each social media platform algorithm works, how they differ, and the best way to play into the strengths of each as a brand account.
- Insatiably curious and motivated by learning and mastering new things, with knowledge of and in interest in direct-to-consumer social marketing.
- Hustle mentality; highly self-motivated and self-directed in your work with a bias towards action.
- Goal-oriented and structured in your approach; able to clearly articulate an objective and work backwards from that to define a strategy and clear plan of action for how to achieve success.
- Ability to independently prioritize time and stay organized in a fast-paced work environment.
- Zero ego team player, always thinking about how to help those around you.
- Sense of humor — we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry’s is registered and able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized and able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program.
The base salary hiring range for this position is $90,000-$100,000, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.
Lume is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.