[Hiring] Product Marketing Manager at Synctera
Date PostedOctober 24, 2023
Experience3 Years plus
Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We’re Doing
At Synctera, we’re powering the future of FinTech. We help companies create new revenue streams and enhance their value proposition with FinTech apps and embedded banking products. With APIs, compliance support, and bank partners in one end-to-end Banking as a Service platform, Synctera is the fastest and easiest way to build, launch, and scale bank accounts, debit cards, charge cards, lending, and more.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, grow the FinTech and Banking as a Service ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What We’re Looking For
As we launch new innovative products and features – and expand into new markets – we’re looking for an experienced product marketer to help cement Synctera’s position as the best way companies can build and launch FinTech apps and embedded banking products. You’ll have a strong understanding of product strategy, competitive research, customer testing in B2B landscape, customer advisory board management, branding, full-funnel integrated marketing strategy, and deep sales enablement experience , You should thrive on cross-functional collaboration and know what it’s like to work hand-in-hand with both product and sales teams,while leading large cross-functional initiatives. You will partner across the company with Product, Engineering, Data Science, Communications, Growth Marketing, as well as Sales and Account Management.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate and knowledgeable about FinTech and banking, as well as excited to learn the inner workings of the US and international financial systems. If creative thinking, self-starting, and cross-functional leadership are in your DNA, you’ll be a great fit for our team. And if you’re excited about developing new marketing strategies and campaigns from the ground up through collaborations with exceptionally talented teams and partners, we’d love to chat with you!
What You’ll Do
- Become an expert on our market and regulatory environment
- Develop a deep understanding of core buyer personas and customer use cases through interviews, sales feedback, surveys, and quantitative analysis
- Review competitive offerings and promote ongoing differentiation in our products and marketing strategy
- Partner closely with our product team to inform what we build through competitive analysis and influence the roadmap through voice of the customer and prospect.
- Drive go-to-market strategies – including segmentation, targeting, positioning, value propositions, and key messaging – across the customer journey to convert, grow, and retain our customers
- Develop compelling and unique marketing content and collateral for use across channels
- Own product launches from start to finish, including setting the goals, measuring results and driving analysis for refinement
- Enable sales team on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with Growth Marketing to plan and execute campaigns across channels to reach core audiences, generate pipeline, and drive product adoption
- Help launch and manage a customer advisory board for on-going message testing and roadmap refinement
What You’ll Bring
- At least 3-5 years of directly relevant product marketing experience
- Ability to deeply understand our platform and products in order to create compelling, customer-centric messaging that resonates with target buyers
- Proven track record of working with product and sales teams
- Highly cross-functional, with the ability to partner with different teams across the company
- Deep customer empathy and ability to put your buyer and end customer at the center of all marketing work
- Stand out verbal, written, visual/presentation and demo skills to connect with folks at every level of the organization. Ability and experience working with startup and enterprise executives.
- Demonstrated mix of creative and analytical skills; proven ability to succinctly synthesize research and provide recommendations in a clear, digestible way
- Impeccable organizational skills and a strong bias to action; ability to set optimistic but reachable deadlines, and use project and time management skills to meet them
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Banking and/or FinTech experience
- B2B SaaS experience
- BA or BS degree
Nice to Have
- Payments experience
- Enterprise marketing experience
- Experience working within a high velocity startup environment
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for US and Canadian employees and dependents
- Employer contribution to HSA for US employees
- Annual HCSA and generous extended health care coverage for Canadian employees and dependents
- 401(k) for US employees and RRSP for Canadian employees
- Mental health resources available for all employees
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid new parent leave program
- Home office setup stipend
- Stock options program for all employees
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company’s journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a monthly happy hour with the team!)
The salary range for this full-time position (USD: $143,000- $195,000) is determined by role, level, and location. The range informed in this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries across all US and Canadian locations. Within the range, individual pay will be determined by work location, job-related skills, experience, relevant training, and other factors.
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.