[Hiring] R&D Machine Learning Engineer at Eight Sleep
Date PostedNovember 16, 2023
Experience4 Years plus
Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, minimalistic design, and proven clinical science to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
Our temperature-regulated technology, the Pod, is an absolute game changer. It improves people’s health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. The Pod was recognized two years in a row by TIME’s “Best Inventions of the Year.” It is available for purchase in North America and internationally.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Valor Equity Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised over $150 million (Series C) to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2019, 2022, and 2023.
That is why Eight Sleep is looking for an experienced R&D Machine Learning Engineer to help us expand our product features. You will be responsible for designing next gen algorithms that enable exciting new health features for our users.
Today, we offer heart rate, heart rate variability, sleep, and other metrics. Tomorrow, your imagination will unlock new meaningful metrics that will induce behavior change for better sleep and better health. To do so, you will work closely with a cross-functional R&D and production team to prototype and to ship solutions.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about health technologies and about making an impact on health outcomes. We look for people who tackle problems with a system approach, and make data driven decisions to deliver the best products to our users.
How you’ll contribute
- Design next generation health algorithms
- Collaborate with product managers and clinical researchers to define health feature specifications and study designs
- Train and validate machine learning models
- Coordinate with the software development team to incorporate models into production
What you’ll need to succeed
- 4+ years of industry experience in machine learning, or equivalent postgraduate research experience
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. Pytorch, Tensorflow, JAX)
- Expertise in signal processing and conditioning techniques for physiological signals
- Experience with productionizing of algorithms
- Sleep algorithm, hardware sensor, and startup experience are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, MS or PhD preferred
Why you’ll love Eight
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance; maternity/paternity leave
- $160K – $200K
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.