[Hiring] Senior AI Programmer at CI Games
Date PostedNovember 21, 2023
Experience5 Years plus
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Senior AI Programmer to join our busy studios and support driving our games forward as we experience exponential growth.
CI Games is looking for an experienced and creative individual to join our team as a Senior AI Programmer. You’ll be joining the team on an ambitious and original open world survival game with a horror thematic. We’re putting a unique twist on the formula, both in mechanics and the environmental challenges we set for the player. Visual quality is paramount, so we’re building in Unreal Engine 5.
A career at CI Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
- The ability to implement the required AI solutions for the game, coping with the game design intentions and the technical requirements to secure performance
- Understanding of all AI systems to work with and discuss needs from other departments and participate on the generation of cost-effective pipelines
- Understand, plan and work on any required AI feature in coordination with the rest of the code team (engineers and gameplay programmers)
- Work on other non-AI features or sub-features assigned, when required
- Take full responsibility of the assigned tasks from start to finish
- Work on backend for enemy and player skills, RPG systems, etc.
- Work on specific tools requested by combat designers
- Make sure all features are networked
- Work on TRCs related to AI
- 5+ years of experience as AI programmer
- Passion for horror and survival genre
- Experience building AI systems for Unreal Engine PC/Console
- Deep familiarity, experience and knowledge using Unreal Engine Blueprints and C++ across the entire pipeline of 3D game development
- Able to work flexibly on both routine and more complex tasks across various projects
- Ability to prioritise workload as well as being flexible and responsive to last minute changes
- High level of attention to detail
- Methodical approach to work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to listen carefully and respond appropriately at all levels
- Excellent proficiency in English
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration, holidays and social events. Our environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules (core hour 10am-4pm CET), a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming – forever
- Once our Talent Acquisition team receives your application, together with the hiring team, we will review your CV, portfolio and the answers you provided in the application form and if all the boxes are ticked, we’re moving to the next stage.
- Initial call with Talent Acquisition Specialist – During this call you’ll learn about the company and we learn about you. We’ll talk about your experience & expectations with working in a fully remote environment and we’ll talk about your expertise. We’ll finish this call with some admin questions. There will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions as well.
- After the initial call, usually 1 or 2 interviews with the hiring team follows. These interviews will be a bit more technical and will go deeper into your experience, skills & knowledge. As you would have signed an NDA by now, you’ll also learn a bit more about the project you would work on. During these interviews we’ll also focus on finding out whether you’re a good fit for our company culture and that we share the same values.
- We may or may not ask you to do the test – this is decided on an individual basis and you will receive instructions with the test.
- If everything goes well, the last step in the recruitment process is the offer presentation call with the Talent Acquisition Specialist and your future line manager to discuss the offer and next steps to get you successfully on board.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in!
Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at with us, please let us know in your application and we will accommodate to the best of our ability.