[Hiring] Senior Analyst, Strategic Analytics at Upwork
Date PostedJanuary 15, 2024
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to large, Fortune 100 enterprises with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.8 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
The Strategic Analytics team is looking for a senior analyst to generate strategic insights and identify the core drivers of business performance. This role is critical to deepening our understanding of customer behavior and developing winning strategies to grow our marketplace. This individual will drive insights and partner cross functionally with product management, user research, finance, marketing, and analytics teams to compel changes in our strategy.
As a critical member of the Strategic Analytics team, you’ll use your quantitative background and expertise manipulating large datasets to bring unparalleled insights into user behavior and business performance.
We tackle a multitude of exciting challenges including strategic planning, business health investigation, and ongoing analysis of marketplace dynamics to enable Upwork’s growth. If you enjoy building and growing businesses with endless possibilities, this is a great opportunity!
- Tackle complex problems inherent to a double-sided marketplace. Deliver insights that drive changes in company strategy using SQL, Python, R and/or other scripting and statistical tools.
- Build frameworks for understanding how our marketplace works and educate company leaders on how we can enhance business performance.
- Define the metrics teams use to evaluate their success, perform analysis to understand the impact on growth, and track progress toward those results.
- Present insights and recommendations in key meetings and business reviews with company leadership.
- Become the authority on business health for our core Marketplace business unit, applying data science techniques and analytical skill to unearth deep insights on strategic challenges and opportunities.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Ability to drive analytics projects end-to-end in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for getting into the details and thinking strategically with data.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Working knowledge of data science techniques (causal inference, A/B testing).
- Proficiency in one or multiple BI tools such as Looker or Tableau.
- Proficiency in Python or R a plus.
- Previous experience in a marketplace or ecommerce business.
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $102,000 – $150,000. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position in California and Washington, and individual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Additionally, this position is eligible for the annual bonus plan or sales incentive plan and eligibility to participate in our long term equity incentive program.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
At the core of our vibrant culture are shared values that form the foundation of our organization. These values revolve around trust, risk-taking, customer focus, and excellence. Our overarching mission is to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster an environment where individuals are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, nurturing personal and professional growth through development opportunities, mentorship programs, and participation in Upwork Belonging Communities.
We take pride in providing exceptional benefits to our employees. These include comprehensive medical insurance coverage for both you and your family, unlimited paid time off, a 401(k) plan with matching contributions, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. To explore these benefits in detail, as well as gain insights into our company values, working principles, and the overall employee experience, we invite you to visit our Life at Upwork page.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice