[Hiring] Senior Back End Software Engineer at Cloudbeds
Date PostedOctober 12, 2023
Experience5 Years plus
Cloudbeds provides the platform that powers hospitality, driving streamlined operations, increasing reservations and revenue, and enabling memorable guest experiences for lodging businesses of all sizes and types.
Named the No. 1 PMS and No. 1 Hotel Management System by Hotel Tech Report in 2022, Cloudbeds is trusted by properties across the globe for its award-winning front desk, revenue, distribution, guest acquisition and guest engagement solutions seamlessly combined in a single unified system.
Behind the Cloudbeds platform is a growing team of 700+ employees distributed across 40+ countries speaking 30+ languages. From data architects to UX designers, integrations managers to payments experts, former hotel managers to former OTA executives, our team comprises the brightest minds in technology and hospitality working to solve the industry’s biggest challenges.
From the beginning, we’ve believed that our people are our greatest asset, so we founded the company as #RemoteFirst, #RemoteAlways with shared core values that allow our team to thrive. This means we:
- Hire the best people around the world;
- Emphasize the value of results over hours put in;
- Provide flexibility in working hours and locations;
- Foster an inclusive environment that celebrates bold thinking and diverse perspectives;
- Offer open vacation policies, free LinkedIn Learning, and other benefits that promote well-being and professional development.
Together we’re on a mission to power every property in the world, and to do that, we need to find the best talent in the world. That’s why we’re on the search for a superstar Senior Backend Engineer.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will implement new architectures, features, and best practices to scale the Cloudbeds platform. You will contribute to new efforts in service-oriented architectures, leveraging the latest, cutting edge technologies.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, your goal is to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers all around the world with quality, performance, and scalability top of mind. Alongside your team, you will leverage latest, modern SaaS and Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies across all layers of the software stack.
What You Will Do:
- As a member of the Distribution Team you will contribute towards building products related to Cloudbeds’ connections with third-party channels and booking engines
- You will primarily be implementing features and improvements utilizing PHP within a customized CodeIgniter environment
- You will help lead discussions on complex technical concepts and requirements with both technical and non-technical stakeholders as a contributor to the backend architecture group
- You should be familiar with writing clean, well-tested, well-documented, and elegant code
- Write documentation for new and existing areas of our application
- Contributing towards the ongoing initiative to migrate our core platform into microservices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, build and ship high quality features
- Mentor team members through practices like pair programming and code reviews
- Re-architect and re-factor existing systems to align with project requirements
- Help design the long term vision of our technology and new component architectures
- Write clean, well-documented, and beautiful code
- Promote best practices to improve the quality of our code and processes
- Drive technical decisions within the team
- Advocate for quality and test automation
You’ll Succeed With:
- 5+ years of PHP web application software engineering experience
- 2+ years experience one or more modern PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter)
- A strong business sense and ability to collaborate with leadership and non-technical stakeholders on highly visible projects
- Expert knowledge of relational and non-relational databases, indexing, and searching technologies
- A passion for data-driven decision making (metrics, experiments, prototypes)
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong knowledge and a passion for software best practices, design patterns and testing
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and time management skills
- Passionate about agile practices and continuous improvement
- Business level English fluency required (verbal and written skills)
Nice to Have:
- Experience designing and building microservices
- Experience with gRPC and Protobuf
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS)
- Experience working with a remote-first and globally distributed team
- Travel industry experience is a plus (but definitely not required!)
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket)
Compensation: Depending on your skills and experience, you can expect your annual compensation to be between $150K-$165K.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Property Management System | HotelTechReport (2021, 2022)
- Best Hotel Management Software | HotelTechReport (2022)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020, 2022)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations in the hiring process. We encourage deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind, and deaf-disabled individuals to apply.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our HR team by phone at 858-201-7832 or via email at [email protected]. Cloudbeds will provide an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter where needed as a reasonable accommodation for the hiring processes.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Cloudbeds. Staffing, recruiting agencies, and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit applications, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Cloudbeds does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Cloudbeds employees, or any other company location. Cloudbeds is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.