[Hiring] Senior Backend Developer | PHP at iubenda
Date PostedDecember 18, 2023
iubenda is a legal-tech scale-up founded in 2011, now trusted by over 90K clients in the EU, the US, and 100+ more Countries. We are leaders in our industry and operate on a global scale developing and releasing innovative tech solutions.
Our mission is to provide our clients with everything their business needs – to be compliant with legal, local, and regional requirements; so that they can focus on their core product. Recently, we have undertaken a new thrilling adventure, joining forces with team.blue (a worldwide leader in digital enablement).
If you’re excited to work at a company in a scaling-up environment providing SaaS solutions to ~1M users – and equally important – to join a team of friendly people with a culture based on continuous learning, transparency, and collaboration. Then, you’re looking at the right place!
We’re looking for a brilliant and motivated Senior PHP Developer to join our team. You will report to our Head of Backend and among your tasks, you will design and build solid, scalable, and maintainable PHP applications and CMS plugins; lead Code Reviews, lead, and mentor colleagues; create a positive environment for the people around you, share knowledge with everyone, and help the team grow; collaborate with designers, other team leads, and stakeholders to understand business goals, analyze requirements and propose technical solutions. This is meant to be partly a management role, it won’t just be about writing code.
– At least 7 years of experience as a PHP developer (possibly spent crafting mid-large size web applications using object-oriented programming, and patterns);
– Sound knowledge of Laravel 8 and PHP 7/8;
– Experience in leading and mentoring small-sized backend teams (having excellent communication and collaboration skills);
– Solid knowledge of relational databases (MySQL);
– Experience in Unit, Integration, and Acceptance testing, and CI/CD tools;
– Experience with GitHub and a solid understanding of Git core concepts;
– Experience with REST API development;
– Full professional proficiency in English and Italian.
– Side projects or open-source projects contributions (you might want to share via GitHub link);
– Experience with React.js;
– Experience with Vite.js;
– Experience with Shopify SDK;
– Knowledge of CSS3;
– Experience With Kubernetes and Docker;
– Experience with Postgres and NoSQL;
– Experience with SaaS development.
At iubenda we believe in full-remote. Accordingly, you will be completely free and entitled to work from wherever you prefer in the world. At the same time in case you prefer to work from an office, at your disposal you have our Italian (Milan and Bologna) and German (Berlin and Hamburg) offices, to allow you to follow a hybrid work model.
COMPETITIVE SALARY – We offer a competitive salary compared with other European scale-ups. We have high standards for finding the best people to join our team. Besides, we offer generous paid time off (+25 weekdays/year);
REMOTE WORK – You can work 100% remotely or if you prefer, from one of our beautiful offices in Italy (Bologna and Milan) and Germany (Berlin and Hamburg). We are used and fully structured to onboard people who prefer to work full-time remotely.
TRAVEL ALLOWANCE TO VISIT A COLLEAGUE – You will be provided with a travel allowance so that you can visit your colleagues based on the other side of the world;
COMPANY RETREATS – We get together in amazing destinations once a year to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities. We offer fully paid week-long retreats;
WORK EQUIPMENT – You will be provided with an equipment allowance so that you can perform at your best;
LEARNING BUDGET – We’ll sponsor your professional growth by providing a budget that can be used for courses, events, workshops, and books;
BRIGHT & HEALTHY WORK ENVIRONMENT – You will be part of a multicultural team full of talented, mature, and experienced colleagues. Along with that, you will find a team spirit, which you would rarely find elsewhere;
THERAPY INCENTIVE – We sponsor online therapy sessions in English and Italian with psychologists experienced in different approaches;
ENGLISH CLASSES – We offer online English classes weekly, on several different levels, within working hours.
Please send your CV in English.