[Hiring] Senior Backend Engineer, Flow Builder Team at Postscript
Date PostedJanuary 30, 2024
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Greylock, Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class organization.
** We are not open to working with external agencies on this role and are only considering candidates based in North America**
About Flow Builder
Come join the Flow Builder team! Our mission is to develop a modular, extensible, and integrated platform for our customers to orchestrate their entire business through the SMS thread. Our platform allows merchants to get creative and design an SMS interaction with their subscribers that is engaging, conversational and impactful to their business. We are experiencing fast adoption of our product and are solving the exciting scaling challenges that come with that growth. We are a highly collaborative team that is focused on creating the best platform experience we can.
About the role
As a Senior Backend Engineer for the Flow Builder team you will use your expertise and passion for building scalable and extensible distributed systems to help us enhance our platform experience and empower all Postscript teams to seamlessly build new features into the Flow Builder platform. As a technical leader you will set the bar for the maintainability and performance of our systems. You will be given the autonomy to grow to your full potential and your work will directly impact our customers and Postscript’s bottom line.
Senior Backend Engineers at Postscript have a high impact on their team and on the wider engineering org through project leadership, technical expertise, and decision-making. As a Senior engineer you will guide your team in weighing technical constraints and business priorities to make the necessary trade-offs to deliver customer value. Our stack is currently React, Python, within a mostly monolithic, AWS-managed architecture.
Your passion for building great products, especially in early-stage companies, will lead you to have a significant impact on both our customers and business. In addition, you will have the opportunity to solve challenging problems and build out architecture and processes as we scale. This position is fully remote.
- Architect and build highly available, extensible, and scalable platform primitives and REST APIs for external and internal customers
- Take ownership and be creative as you help deliver excellent products to our customers
- Identify and execute on points of scale in order to maximize throughput and efficiency
- Work closely with product, design, and other engineers on your team to deliver a high quality, world-class product
- Lead group sessions to actively ensure your team is guided by product-focused architecture and implementation to achieve our goals
- Mentor other engineers on coding best practices and growth opportunities
- Be accountable for communicating transparently and proactively, defining scope, breaking down and estimating tasks, risk and change management
- A proven career as a software engineer building large scale, high throughput backend applications and APIs, hands-on experience using Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy, compiled language experience a plus). SaaS experience preferred
- A track record of leading teams and projects through phases of ambiguity and challenge with great results
- Familiarity scaling platforms for products experiencing rapid internal and external adoption
- Experience building modular, flexible architectures (avoiding vendor lock-in, maximizing readability and extensibility)
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, and experience with database modeling (PostgreSQL a plus)
- Familiarity with building applications on AWS services and maintaining high observability of the applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience mentoring and onboarding engineers
- Experience in high growth, early stage tech preferred
What You’ll Love About Us
- Salary range of USD $170,000 to $200,000 base plus significant equity regardless of location
- High growth startup – plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Remote team – work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun – We’re passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
For information about how we use your personal data, please see our U.S. Job Applicant Privacy Notice
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.