[Hiring] Senior Data Analyst at Headway
Date PostedDecember 20, 2023
Experience5 Years plus
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
About data at Headway
Building a new mental healthcare system at Headway is only possible because of the insights and leverage that data can provide. The data team at Headway is a small but mighty team designing the infrastructure, implementing pipelines, and driving the analytics and insights to build the mental healthcare system of the future (and have a fun time while doing it!). The data team collaborates deeply with partner teams across the company to identify and drive areas for operational improvement, unlock key insights through infrastructure and data visibility, educate the company on data and how to become more data-driven, and uses technical expertise and science to solve the mental healthcare industry’s most challenging problems.
Functions of data at headway:
- Data Analytics deploys an understanding of our business and delivers insights to operate it more effectively.
- Data Engineering: engineers the data infrastructure needed for analytics and data science.
- Product Analytics: understands how users interact with our product so we can deliver better user experiences.
- Data Science: delivers data as a product to power our intelligent therapist-matching, as well as our smart-survey technologies.
About the role
We are seeking experienced Analysts to join our growing Data team. As an early member on our Data team, you’ll be responsible for the growing analytics and insights needs across the organization. You’ll work with partner team leads to collect, visualize and interpret data that enables better decision-making through a deeper understanding of our marketplace growth and operations.
You’ll also help build deep partnership between the Data team and the rest of the organization through data analysis and the creation of dashboards and other tools to empower various business stakeholders, and perform analyses that lead to impactful data-driven decisions.
If you are a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and challenging problems, excited about building a data-driven culture, and motivated by making an impact, then you will be a good fit for this role.
- Become a trusted strategic partner to our operations and business teams (growth, revenue, and customer success), and work with them to define analytics requirements, identify important questions, and help answer them with data.
- Support the operational needs of business stakeholders by delivering high-quality output from data modeling and reverse ETL.
- Collaborate with Data and Product Analysts, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and stakeholders across the company to model data in a scalable way and present it in an impactful and digestible way that leads to better business decisions.
- Tell compelling stories through data, articulating technical information to a non-technical audience
What will make you successful:
- 5+ years of experience using data to surfacing key insights and recommendations from data, solving real world problems, and supporting decision making within growth, product, revenue, or operations teams
- You are adept at building relationships with the people you work with
- Proficient in SQL, developing and documenting data models, and experience managing a modern BI tool like Metabase or Looker
- Willingness to “do the dishes” – no task is below you, and you’re willing to do what’s needed and leverage different skill-sets to make partner teams and the overall business successful.
- Inherent curiosity and analytical follow-through – you can’t help but ask “why?” and love using data and logic to explore potential solutions
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and identify opportunities with limited oversight
- You are motivated by our mission. We are working to solve the biggest problems in mental health care today (access and affordability.
- Experience with Palantir Foundry, Snowflake, and/or dbt
- Fluency with Python or another language for statistical analysis
Our interview process
After you apply to Headway, here are some details of what to expect during the interview process.
- Initial screen: You’ll connect with someone in recruiting so you can learn more about the team, Headway’s mission and exciting growth, and we can get a better idea of your background.
- First round: You’ll meet with a member of the team for a technical interview and to learn more about the data team.
- Final round: You’ll meet several more team members for technical and non-technical interviews and leave with a fuller picture of what it’s like to work at Headway.
- References and the Offer: Our favorite part of the process! We’ll send over all of the details, including specifics on employee equity, and congratulatory messages from excited future team members!
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role:
- The starting salary for mid-career analyst (3-5 years of experience) is $147,150 and increases to $175,950 based on industry tenure and experience.
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team’s strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem – across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.