[Hiring] Senior Data Analyst at Human Interest
Date PostedOctober 13, 2023
Experience5 Years plus
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Data is central to our success. It forms the core of all of our customer facing reporting, but is also at the heart of how we make decisions as a company. We’re building the first full stack, automated retirement management platform in the industry – and data tells us how to optimize.
We are a fast growing company, and it’s time to take the next step in analytics. Having built the foundations of reporting and data infrastructure, we are now ready to gain the maximum insight from the data we have.
You will be responsible for working cross functionally and producing analysis and forecasts that aid in strategic decision making.
What you get to do every day
- You’ll be at the forefront of driving key business decisions using state-of-the-art ML frameworks for predictive analytics projects. Your insights will directly influence our strategic direction and overall success.
- Collaborating with diverse teams, you’ll independently identify opportunities where data can empower business stakeholders to define and achieve their goals. Your data prowess will pave the way for groundbreaking solutions.
- Leveraging DBT, you’ll build immaculate and reliable data models that lay the foundation for powerful data-driven initiatives.
- As a mentor, you’ll inspire and guide other data analysts in harnessing the potential of data science to drive tangible business value. Your expertise will be pivotal in nurturing a data-driven culture.
- When traditional reports and dashboards fall short, you’ll step up to complete complex root cause analysis. Your skills will uncover insights that redefine our approach to challenges.
- Your vision will help us become truly data-driven. You’ll lead the charge in adopting data-centric strategies that elevate our performance to new heights.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience using data analytics and data science to create business value.
- Deep experience with SQL and navigating complex datasets.
- Hands-on experience with Python and pandas.
- Well-versed in data science Python libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, XGBoost, LightGBM, SciPy, and Scikit-learn.
- Hyperparameter tuning and validation are your forte.
- Ability to convey complex analysis in a clear and engaging manner to non-technical stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis.
- BA/BS in a quantitative field, such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, or natural sciences.
- Experience working with B2B subscription products is a plus.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission – Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture – Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation – At Human Interest, there are a number of factors that are used to determine the appropriate pay range for each position. We take into account the cost of labor for each position in various markets across the US. The base salary for this position spans from a minimum of $95,000 in our lowest geographic region to a maximum of $150,000 in our highest geographic region.
The salary that we offer to a new employee within this range is based on their location within the US, their relevant job-related skills, and experience. At Human Interest, base salary is one component of the overall Total Rewards package. Depending on the position, additional compensation components such as bonus, commission, and equity may be offered. All of our employees are offered a robust suite of physical, financial and mental wellness benefits.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra – Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot – Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly – Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures