[Hiring] Senior Data Analyst at TailorCare
Date PostedJanuary 29, 2024
TailorCare is transforming the experience of specialty care. Our comprehensive care program takes a deeply personal, evidence-based approach to improving patient outcomes for joint, back, and muscle conditions. By combining a careful assessment of patients’ symptoms, health histories, preferences, and goals with predictive data and latest evidence-based guidelines, we help patients choose—and navigate—the most effective treatment pathway for them, every step of the way.
TailorCare values the experiences and perspectives of individuals from all backgrounds. We are a highly collaborative, curious, and determined team passionate about scaling a high-growth start-up to improve the lives of those in pain. TailorCare is a remote-first company with hybrid offices in New York City and Nashville.
About the Role
We are looking for a high performing data analyst to be a core contributor in building our analytics platform from the ground up. You will be helping develop data products and key insights to support and scale a data-driven value-based care company. This role will be responsible for creating essential KPIs and analyses that help drive strong performance across a variety of domains. You will work closely with business stakeholders to understand the business problem and determine the best solution, while explaining difficult concepts to ensure transparency and explainability.
- Derive insights from descriptive analysis using multiple datasets including eligibility, medical claims, clinical, pharmacy claims, EMR data, etc.
- Create and maintain a suite of business intelligence reporting assets using Tableau
- Collaborate with the business stakeholders to develop strategic recommendations using multiple data sources
- Develop analytics data sets and enriched data models leveraging cloud computing technologies (DBT and Databricks)
- Apply statistical techniques to model healthcare utilization patterns and evaluate care outcomes
- Support a data-informed process for experimenting with new products or operational workflows to improve patient outcomes
- Design and implement metrics, work cross-functionally to create targets, and build reporting to track the performance of company initiatives
- Mentor and develop junior team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Preferably: Data Science, Healthcare Informatics, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum five years of recent experience in the design, development and delivery of data driven solutions and analytics
- Minimum three years working with healthcare data (eligibility, medical claims, pharmacy claims, EMR, etc.)
- Minimum five years of experience using SQL, Python or R, experience building data pipelines for analytics enrichments
- Strong communication skills and ability to present complex information concisely through written & verbal communication
- US work authorization
- Experience working in Databricks / data lake environment
- Experience using DBT or notebooks (Jupyterhub/Databricks) to deploy analytic transformation pipelines
- Experience building/scaling reporting suites leveraging BI platforms (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience deploying automated data quality test cases
- Experience with Python or R is nice to have
- Healthcare Savy – Professional background in healthcare provider operations, independent medical groups, health plan operations, and/ or professional services
- Collaborative – Works cross-functionally with stakeholders to develop innovative and effective solutions
- Organized – Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Intellectual Curiosity – Demonstrated initiative staying current on industry practice outside of study and training, with a high and broad level of industry knowledge
- Scientific Approach – Ability to start with an open-ended question and design/execute an analysis to answer that question
- Leadership – Ability to manage projects/deliverables without significant direction, managing communication with stakeholders and mentoring junior team members
What’s In It For You
- Meaningful work each day, we care deeply about our mission, our patients, and each-other.
- Work from anywhere in the US that best fits your lifestyle, or, for those that enjoy an in-person environment, join teammates in our hybrid hubs in NYC or Nashville.
- Rich PTO and holiday plans to ensure you have time away to rest and recharge
- We offer paid parental leave, support a healthy work-life integration, and offer work flexibility – we love to talk about our pets and families.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, wellness resources, and an employer HSA contribution all from Day 1.
- We are committed to fair and equitable pay for all employees, and we help you achieve your future goals with an employer match 401k.
- An inclusive workplace where you can lean on your teammates, offer candid feedback, and bring your true self to work each day.
TailorCare seeks to recruit and retain staff from diverse backgrounds and encourages qualified candidates to apply. TailorCare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, color, race, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, political belief, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military, or veteran status.