[Hiring] Senior Data Engineer at Glassnode
Date PostedJanuary 8, 2024
Experience5 Years plus
Who we are:
We’re an ambitious team of researchers, builders, and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in crypto, and we are passionate about digital assets.
Glassnode is a leading market intelligence platform for on-chain and derivatives data. We offer the most comprehensive library of advanced on-chain metrics and insights for Bitcoin, Ethereum and hundreds of other digital assets, bringing data intelligence to the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
With an emphasis on user-centric interfaces, we aim to deliver intelligible, actionable, and unique insights from blockchain data and beyond, helping investors make educated decisions in an overly emotional and irrational market and equipping blockchain teams with valuable insights on their projects and tokens.
About the role:
The Data Platform team creates the backbone of Glassnode’s data infrastructure. We ingest on-chain and off-chain data, process it, and make it available to our users.
We serve data directly to the end users and power the Data Science teams so they can build metrics and do research on top of the data we provide.
We foster a lean environment that empowers engineers to drive innovation and significantly contribute to our groundbreaking technology’s development.
If you love Data Engineering, crypto, blockchain, and trading data, this is your place!
Join us remotely, you can be located anywhere around the CET time zone, as our work is 100% online. The position is full-time.
What you will do:
- Extract data from the blockchains up to the mempool level and efficiently store it for consumption
- Identify and extract DeFi information from blockchains that support it
- Establish connections with leading exchanges, price providers, and feeds to aggregate their data
- Develop and maintain Glassnode’s data API
- Contribute to the creation and support of the metrics transformation pipeline
What you need:
- Over 5 years of experience developing backend services and working with data pipeline tools across various architectures
- Proficiency in modern programming languages, with a preference for Golang; Python proficiency is desirable.
- Expertise in building distributed systems and data pipelines
- Hands-on experience with data transformation frameworks like DBT at scale
- Familiarity with task automation tools such as Apache Airflow or Argo
- Proficient in containerization and orchestration technologies like Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with various data persistence technologies, demonstrating the ability to evaluate and choose the right data store for each use case
- Knowledge of cloud automation frameworks, with a preference for Terraform in a GCP environment
- Experience with message streaming platforms (Kafka, Pub/sub, etc)
- Familiarity with cloud providers, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Genuine interest in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry
What we offer:
- Flexibility to organise your work and hours the way you like, our remote-first setup enables this for everyone
- Join an innovative, self-funded company in a future-proof analytics and market intelligence segment of web3
- Freedom to own your decisions and experiment, we need driven experts who help us figure out what to do, not for us to point at what needs to be done
- Be one of the main contributors to building a company with its unique culture in the cutting-edge tech space
- No approval loops or unnecessary processes, quick decision-making and full ownership of your function
- We are working on a kick-ass, meaningful benefits package, something truly useful and empowering – you will help us figure out what we’d need to stand out as the workplace of the future, we are open to any ideas
- Frequent company offsites, we love remote but love to have fun together too – last year, we went to Lisbon for a week and had our New Year’s party in Mallorca, and more adventures are coming up
Glassnode is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and empower each individual who joins us. Glassnode commits to a transparent, inclusive, non-discriminatory recruitment process and employment.