[Hiring] Senior Data Engineer at Alpaca
Date PostedDecember 22, 2023
Experience5 Years plus
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who will design and develop the data management layer for our platform. Data engineering at Alpaca spans across financial transactions, customer data, API logs, system metrics, analytics augmented data and third-party systems that affect both internal and external user’s decision making. As our business grows, the complexity and volume of data will progressively grow, from billions of data points in a month today.
The team is 100% distributed and remote.
Things You Get To Do:
- Design and oversee the key forward and reverse ETL patterns to expose the data to relevant stakeholders
- Expand the key elements of the Alpaca Data Lakehouse architecture
- Empower the data analytics team deploy data intensive applications
- Work closely with sales, marketing, product, operations to address the needs for key data flows
- Operate the system and handle the production issues in a timely manner
Who You Are (Must-Haves):
- Proven experience of data engineering at scale.
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, proficiency in at least one programming language, strong working knowledge of Python
- 3+ years experience in building data warehouse/data lake platform.
- Experience with 3rd party data integration projects
- Experience with ETL technologies like Airflow, Airbyte, DBT.
- Strong knowledge of cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Prometheus
- Strong hands on experience in relational database systems
- Production experience with streaming systems like Kafka
Experience with infrastructure, Devops and IaaC
- Deep knowledge around problems and solutions around the distributed system, storage, transactions, query processing
- Experience handling high volume customer data, metrics and transactions, including SQL, BI tools
- Exposure to big data distributed file systems
- Experience with data security best practices including handling of sensitive data such as personally identifiable information (PII).
- You may be asked to be on-call to assist with engineering projects that are timely in nature
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced environment, excitement about adapting your solutions to the changing needs of business
How We Take Care of You:
- Competitive Salary & Stock Options
- Benefits: Health benefits start on day 1. In the US this includes Medical, Dental, Vision. In Canada, this includes supplemental health care. Internationally, this includes a stipend value to offset medical costs.
- New Hire Home-Office Setup: One-time USD $500
- Monthly Stipend: USD $150 per month via a Brex Card
- Work with awesome hard working people, super smart and cool clients and innovative partners from around the world
Alpaca is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.