[Hiring] Senior Data Scientist at TailorCare
Date PostedNovember 13, 2023
TailorCare is transforming the experience of specialty care. Our comprehensive care program takes a deeply personal, evidence-based approach to improving patient outcomes for joint, back, and muscle conditions. By combining a careful assessment of patients’ symptoms, health histories, preferences, and goals with predictive data and latest evidence-based guidelines, we help patients choose—and navigate—the most effective treatment pathway for them, every step of the way.
TailorCare values the experiences and perspectives of individuals from all backgrounds. We are a highly collaborative, curious, and determined team passionate about scaling a high-growth start-up to improve the lives of those in pain. TailorCare is a remote-first company with hybrid offices in New York City and Nashville.
About the Role
As Senior Data Scientist you will be the primary contributor in the build-out of data science and machine learning at TailorCare. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Data and Analytics, the Senior Data Scientist will (1) collaborate with stakeholders across the org to identify opportunities to use data to improve clinical decision-making and patient care and (2) build/deploy data-driven solutions. The Senior Data Scientist will also help to build and scale out our broader data intelligence capabilities.
- Develop targeting criteria or customer segmentation based on analytical insights, clinical inputs, product design and operations considerations.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders from engineering, business development, clinical and marketing to execute on our vision of data-centric automation.
- Collaborate with analysts and data engineering on algorithm / models / pipeline development.
- Identify and champion new areas of opportunity and initiatives aimed at delivering value to patients and providers.
- Oversee the entire lifecycle of data science projects, including: scoping, design, modeling, validation, deployment.
- Mentor and possibly manage junior-level and senior-level data scientists
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Preferably: Data Science, Healthcare Informatics, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum five years of experience working in a Data Science role
- Strong skills transforming data for analysis, business intelligence/reporting, and/or modeling with Python(pandas/numpy), SQL, and/or PySpark/Scala
- Strong experience building ML models with Python (scikit-learn, Tensorflow/PyTorch)
- Experience deploying ML models into production systems, e.g. generating batch predictions in data pipeline or building APIs for serving online predictions
- Experience running statistical analyses to test hypotheses and make causal inferences
- Experience working in a healthcare setting, with a strong understanding of clinical workflows and terminology
- US Work Authorization
Desired Technical Qualifications
- Experience working in Databricks / data lake environment
- Experience using MLFlow to track model experiments and manage model repository
- Experience building dashboards and visualizations in a BI tool (e.g. Tableau)
- Good Communication – Ability to succinctly communicate key insights with data
- Collaborative – Works cross-functionally with stakeholders from engineering, business development, clinical and marketing to develop innovative and effective solutions
- Engineering Mentality – Always thinking about common denominators across work and how to build a platform that facilitates fast model development and deployment
- Scientific Approach – Ability to start with an open-ended question and design/execute an analysis to answer that question
- Organized – Expert in serving as a technical lead in support of large, complex projects
- Intellectual Curiosity – Demonstrated initiative staying current on industry practice outside of study and training, with a high and broad level of industry knowledge
What’s In It For You
- Meaningful work each day, we care deeply about our mission, our patients, and each-other.
- Work from anywhere in the US that best fits your lifestyle, or, for those that enjoy an in-person environment, join teammates in our hybrid hubs in NYC or Nashville.
- Rich PTO and holiday plans to ensure you have time away to rest and recharge
- We offer paid parental leave, support a healthy work-life integration, and offer work flexibility – we love to talk about our pets and families.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, wellness resources, and an employer HSA contribution all from Day 1.
- We are committed to fair and equitable pay for all employees, and we help you achieve your future goals with an employer match 401k.
- An inclusive workplace where you can lean on your teammates, offer candid feedback, and bring your true self to work each day.
TailorCare seeks to recruit and retain staff from diverse backgrounds and encourages qualified candidates to apply. TailorCare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, color, race, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, political belief, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military, or veteran status.