[Hiring] Senior Data Scientist at Box
Date PostedOctober 26, 2023
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies who trust our secure collaboration platform to manage the entire ontent lifecycle.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
As a Data Scientist at Box, you won’t just be running routine data analysis; you will be responsible for designing, architecting, and deploying scalable end-to-end data products. Your work will range from data pipeline architecture to the application of advanced statistical methods and ML algorithms, directly contributing to solving the company’s most critical business challenges. You will be part of a collaborative team, working to leverage AI-powered services to drive decision-making across all departments within Box.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaboration: Work closely with stakeholders across different departments including Product, ECommerce, Marketing, and Sales, to transform your complex models into actionable business insights.
- Data-Driven Solutions: Engage with Product Managers, Business Leaders, and Customer-Facing Roles to brainstorm, identify, and implement data-driven solutions that address urgent business requirements.
- End-to-End Implementation: Oversee the entire process of data product development, from ideation to deployment, ensuring it aligns with Box’s goals and objectives.
- A/B Testing and Experimentation: In conjunction with Product Managers, design and conduct rigorous A/B tests and experiments to iteratively improve and optimize business processes. Utilize data-driven insights to guide and inform future initiatives.
- Feature Engineering: Develop and design features in collaboration with domain experts to build effective models tailored to specific business problems at Box.
- Model Development: Utilize a variety of machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques to build high-performing predictive and prescriptive models.
WHO YOU ARE
- MS or PhD in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 1+ year of experience in a DS or Analyst role.
- Exceptional skills in SQL and extensive experience working with relational databases.
- Proficiency in Python or R for data manipulation, analysis, and modeling.
- Experience with Scala is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and launch data products from conception to production.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
Head-over-heels about this role — but not sure you meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Box, we take a big-picture approach to hiring that fosters authenticity, diversity, and inclusion. If you’re passionate about this opportunity, chances are, you shine pretty bright.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation.
Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Inclusiveness is core to our culture at Box, and we strive to ensure you get the most from your interview experience.
Box makes reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please complete this form. Reasonable accommodations may include scheduling adjustments, document dictation and beyond.
Notice to applicants in Los Angeles: Box, Inc and its related branches will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chair Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Box, Inc and its related branches will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chair Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice. If you are a California-resident, please read our California Applicant & Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Box is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Actual base salary is dependent upon factors such as: knowledge, skill level, experience, and work location. This role is also eligible for equity and benefits. For more information on benefits, check out our healthcare benefits and additional Box Benefits + Perks.
In accordance with OFCCP compliance, here is the Pay Transparency Provision.
United States Pay Range