[Hiring] Senior Data Scientist at LivePerson
Date PostedOctober 12, 2023
LivePerson (NASDAQ: LPSN) is a global leader in trustworthy and equal AI for business. Hundreds of the world’s leading brands — including HSBC, Chipotle, and Virgin Media — use our Conversational Cloud platform to engage with millions of consumers safely and responsibly.
We power a billion conversational interactions every month, providing a uniquely rich data set and safety tools to unlock the power of Generative AI and Large Language Models for better business outcomes.
At LivePerson, we foster an inclusive workplace culture that encourages meaningful connection, collaboration, and innovation. Every mind is invited to ask questions and actively seek new ways to achieve success and reach their full potential. We operate as one with a growth mindset. This means spotting opportunities, solving ambiguities, and seeking effective solutions to challenges that make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Science team to deliver the next generation of Conversational AI (CAI), including the latest in Generative AI/Foundation Model technology.
In this role, you will work with one of the world’s largest goal-oriented conversational data sets to push the boundaries of conversational AI at scale. In addition to a world-class data set, you’ll also have a >300K population of expert data annotators (contact center agents) to help drive investigation and learning.
- Propose and execute research efforts that drive product strategy
- Publish and present cutting-edge research derived from our conversational data
- Apply cutting-edge methods of NLP/NLU/Generative AI/LLM to learn and derive value from one of the world’s largest goal-oriented conversational data sets.
- Develop state of the art approaches to unsupervised/semi-supervised problems in intent and dialog management.
- Learning NLP systems using self-supervision from unannotated dialogue – Leveraging latent structure within task-oriented dialogue data to solve classification and dialogue problems more accurately and label-efficiently.
- Faceted unsupervised learning — how can we inject knowledge into unsupervised tasks? How can we inject knowledge into clustering/similarity tasks to reflect facets we care about (intent) and orthogonalize irrelevant facets?
- Lightly/distantly supervised dialog management ML systems – How can we utilize self-supervision and reinforcement learning to learn representations of conversational goals and policies from unlabelled historical conversations in a goal-oriented setting?
- Ph.D. in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics or equivalent
- 6 years of data science experience
- Expertise in NLP techniques to solve problems such as question answering, intent classification, knowledge extraction and dialogue management
- Track record of applied research on NLP or related fields, e.g. NLU, NLG, ASR/TTS and/or experience with dialogue systems
- Experience in writing Python code that is efficient and clean in a Linux environment
- Experience with Python packages for Machine Learning (Scikit-Learn), NLP (SpaCy), and Deep Learning (Pytorch)
- Proven track record of problem-solving, communication, and critical-thinking skills
The salary range for this role will be between $150,000 to $190,000. Final compensation will be determined by a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, your location, skills, experience, education, and/or certifications. During the phone screening, the recruiter will provide the location-specific salary range for this role. Regardless of your personal situation or where you are in the world, LivePerson offers comprehensive and great benefits programs to meet your needs:
- Health: medical, dental, vision and wellbeing.
- Time away: Public holidays and discretionary PTO package for flexible days off with manager approval.
- Financial: 401K, ESPP, Basic life and AD&D insurance, long-term and short-term disability
- Family: parental leave, maternity support, fertility services.
- Development: tuition reimbursement, native AI learning.
- Additional: 24/7 access to professional counselors, voluntary insurance coverage, exclusive perks and discounts.
Why you’ll love working here:
Your entrepreneurial spirit will be supported. We love team members who chase down their big ideas, become experts, help colleagues, and own their work. These four company values guide our continued, holistic growth as individuals, as teams, and as a global organization. And to further make our point, let’s just say we’re very proud to be on Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies and Newsweek’s list of most-loved workplaces.
Belonging at LivePerson
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to make an impact and be their authentic selves. One way we share and connect is through our employee resource groups such as: Live In Color, LP Proud, and Women In Tech. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.