[Hiring] Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) at DECA Games
Date PostedNovember 1, 2023
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
About DECA Games
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 300 people in over 30 countries globally. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently.
We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team.
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 a.m. – 6 p.m. CET).
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing, centralized DevOps team and play an integral role in migrating various mobile, console, and desktop games into DECA’s portfolio, building and maintaining diverse CI/CD pipelines, cloud infrastructures, and tools.
- Participate in migrating legacy applications and infrastructures onto modern rails and technologies.
- Improve monitoring and logging.
- Document the project’s white spots, troubleshoot emerging issues, and write post-mortems.
- Assist the development and BI teams in their tasks.
- Extensive experience with public clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Extensive experience with IaC methodology and tools (Terraform, Terragrunt, Pulumi).
- Extensive scripting language experience (Shell, Python, Ruby).
- Extensive version control systems experience (Git, SVN, Perforce).
- Extensive experience in CI/CD practices and tools (Jenkins, GHA, Gitlab).
- Extensive Linux administration experience.
- Extensive experience with networking, firewalls, secrets, and cloud security.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt).
- Experience with monitoring solutions (Datadog, Prometheus).
- Experience with logging solutions (Splunk, Fluentd, ELK).
- Strong problem-solving/debugging skills.
- Strong documentation/presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to assist others in their work.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
Nice to Have:
- Strong software engineering skills, preferably Python, or Java.
- DBA experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, and Redshift.
- Virtualization/Docker/Containers/ECS/Kubernetes experience.
- Serverless experience.
- Windows Server administration skills.
- Bare-metal server maintenance experience.
- Experience in shipping mobile apps.
- Cost-saving experience.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish, etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 30 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.