[Hiring] Senior Engineering Manager, SRE & DevOps at Array
Date PostedJanuary 18, 2024
Array is a financial innovation platform that helps digital brands, financial institutions, and fintechs get compelling consumer products to market faster. We deliver a suite of credit and identity monitoring tools, privacy protection, and a financial ads marketplace via embeddable widgets or a clean, modern API. Our private label offerings help drive revenue and increase engagement for our customers while empowering millions of consumers to achieve their financial goals.
As a remote-first company, we’re focused on providing opportunities for high performing individuals to have deep impact in the fast growing fintech space. A clear mission, a commitment to continuous improvement and a willingness to experiment empower us individually and together deliver the best products for our clients and users.
Senior Engineering Managers at Array have a strong strategic business focus and a willingness to be heavily engaged in talent management. They are responsible for and grow key business areas while closely partnering with strong individual contributors.
They help grow and scale the engineering team, both individual contributors and line managers as Array grows. This person will oversee the development and release of new products and features by partnering with Sales, Compliance, UX, Legal, Product, Customer Solutions, Client Growth, Sales Engineering, Marketing, Talent Acquisition and QA.
- Manage an existing team of engineers embedded with product leads while also owning the hiring process for inbound talent to scale the team.
- Support individual contributors, as well as other engineering managers in their career development by providing clear feedback.
- Develop engineering leaders to own large impactful areas.
- Ensure a high technical bar by creating/adopting development processes (architecture reviews, testing) and instilling a culture that promotes engineering excellence.
- Build effective roadmaps that allow Array to execute on our ambitious goals.
- Coordinate execution and collaborate across multifaceted teams to unblock cross-cutting projects that may represent the most pressing needs of the organization.
- Promote and cultivate a positive environment that fosters respect, collaboration, openness, and equality.
- Be the strategic decision maker by constantly weighing trade offs based on opportunity cost, critical bugs, tech debt and exercise sound decision making ability while understanding the core needs of the business.
- 8+ years as an engineering manager in startup environments.
- Keen eye for hiring and developing high caliber talent, especially engineering leadership.
- Passion for creating/adopting efficient business processes that increase velocity and improve quality.
- Experience scaling engineering teams that build and operate high volume distributed systems in a SaaS environment with API driven products.
- Collaboration ability to partner with cross functional teams.
- Experience architecting complex, performant, and reliable distributed systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of empathy.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with our specific technology stack is preferred but not required: RESTful API written in Golang and Node.js; Svelte for front end theming; Microservices running on K8s engine @GCP; Horizontally scaling MS SQL Server, Terraform as IaC, and Onprem 50/50 split between Linux and Windows.
Salary Range: $200,000 – $255,000
The pay range above represents the current low and high end of the compensation band for this position and may change in the future. Actual compensation may vary depending on factors such as candidate skills, qualifications and experience. Other compensation may include equity options and incentives.
Array Offers All Full Time Employees the following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision, premiums covered at 100% for full-time employees and 70% for dependents
- Unlimited PTO and sick leave + 14 company holidays to encourage a healthy work-life blend
- 100% 401k match up to 4% with immediate vesting
- Generous and competitive parental leave for all parents
- $1,000 desk setup subsidy to set-up your unique remote office
- $100/month to subsidize wifi/cell phone expenses
- Summer Fridays (half-day Fridays) from May to September
- Arrayaversary Kits for work anniversaries
Not sure if you meet the Qualifications? We know that folks tend to only apply if they check every box. If you think you have the appropriate qualifications, but don’t meet every single one, we encourage you to still apply. We’d love to hear from you.
One of our core values at Array is to care and support one another, and that’s why we strive to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best selves to work. Diversity, equity, and inclusion foster collaboration, comfort, and confidence. We’re at our collective best when we each feel our best.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace; we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.